Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Helmet: AGV Dragon vs. HCI Open Face
Vote for AGV Dragon.
34.78%
Vote for HCI Open Face.
13.04%
Vote for Kirk's an idiot for even considering either of these helmets.
52.17%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Poll: AGV Dragon vs. HCI Open face

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2011, 03:43 PM
kirk180
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Poll: AGV Dragon vs. HCI Open face

I know it's ultimately up to me to decide which new helmet I'm going to get some day. But I've been going back and forth on whether or not I wanna buy one of these two helmets for a bit now...or if I shouldn't get either. So I thought I'd get some feedback. I've seen and fitted the HCI in person (my wife owns one), but I haven't seen the AGV Dragon. The AGV Dragon seem a little more rounded off and frontal lobe highlighted, where as the HCI seems a little more streamline. The HCI is comfortable and it fits me well. But my wife looks good in it, so it kind of has me looking at it as a chic helmet now. Anyone have any experience with the AGV?

The first two images are of AGV Dragons. The last two are of HCI Open faces.

Attached Thumbnails Poll: AGV Dragon vs. HCI Open face-dragon-matteblack_lrg.jpg   Poll: AGV Dragon vs. HCI Open face-t315_5828a7d7a9a5cd4d011cc8fe94065715.jpg   Poll: AGV Dragon vs. HCI Open face-hci_15-630_black.jpg   Poll: AGV Dragon vs. HCI Open face-hci_open_face_15_white_multi_stripe__63006_zoom.jpg  
Old 05-17-2011, 03:45 PM
CMC
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The AGV visor is a serious bug-eye situation. The other one is less so.

Old 05-17-2011, 04:35 PM
baldu
Advanced

I'm not really a fan of that style, but they don't strike me a chick helmets, either. These are so similar that you should decide on fit first, then decide which one looks better.

It's a moot point if the AGV doesn't work for you, anyway. The coolest looking helmet on the shelf can look like *** on the wrong person. (Same with sunglasses.)

Old 05-17-2011, 05:06 PM
'09fxdb
Tourer

Don't mean to rain on your parade but don't they use those on Vespas and other scooters? I always considered them a scooter helmet because you can't get enough speed up for them to be a problem with wind buffeting. But I may be wrong...I've been wrong before...just ask the wife...

Old 05-17-2011, 06:03 PM
kirk180
Tourer

I think they go both ways. I know plenty of HD members have them and have brought them up in helmet threads in the the past here. And I know Vespa owners rock them too. Actually, my wifes HCI was bought at a scooter store. But that same store has Bell Custom 500's and Fulmer V2's. They also have ff HJC's. I think for the most part helmets are interchangeable. I also see scooter people with non dot 1/2 helmet skids.

Old 05-17-2011, 09:14 PM
Dynomutt
Cruiser

I have the AGV Dragon Eagle and really like it. It fits my rounded melon nicely, and quite surprisingly, I got a lot of positive comments from the guys at work. The style is scooterish, and as such there is the issue of wind in the eyes at highway speed. I wear riding glasses under the visor and have no issues.

Old 05-17-2011, 09:20 PM
Desertram800
Cruiser

I picture.....a dude on one of those can am three wheeled thingys wearing one of those....Jk!

If i had to pick, id pick the one on the left, with the smaller visor...

Last edited by Desertram800; 05-18-2011 at 01:27 AM.
Old 05-18-2011, 12:55 AM
bobgv
Road Warrior

The AGV helmet reminds me of The Human Fly bzzzzz lol. The other one looks good imo.

Old 05-18-2011, 10:08 AM
Punchsmack
Road Captain

I think they both look cool, AGV is probably better. More of a "helicoptor pilot" look. I prefer goggles over an attached eyeshield. Air still comes up underneath, unless it was a full length faceshield.

Everyone once in a while someone on here or elsewhere will say that "a Harley rider shouldn't be wearing X" or "a Harley bike should never have a X installed on them".

Things is, I don't remember those commandments written on the dealerships wall, the Harley website, or written into the buyers contract we all signed. So, we're free to mod or wear what we want. Heck, different is good. Who gives a **** what most other Harley riders are wearing? If you like it, it feels good, then sport it.

Old 05-18-2011, 04:11 PM
Kytann
Cruiser

They do kinda like Helicopter pilot lids
A benefit to the design, the visor is by usually more optically clear and distortion free than other helmets

Last edited by Kytann; 05-18-2011 at 04:34 PM.

Quick Reply: Poll: AGV Dragon vs. HCI Open face