Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another Tuner ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2011, 09:56 PM
BIGDADI
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Another Tuner ?

So I have a 2009 street bob with V&H fuel pak and big rad exahust and air cleaner, with a set of woods cams. I will eventually do heads and big bore, but for now I am finialy going to up-grade the tuner, was thinking TTS, not sure what way to go. I want the best of the best with out needing a dyno tune if possible. The way I understand you simply hook up the TTS and drive around at certain rpms at diff speeds and in diff gears till the tuner learns everything and that is that. I am probably way off base but that's why I am turning to you guys. I used the search option but couldn't find the info I was looking for. Looking for all the info you guys got, about specifics and cost and performance and such.

Old 05-14-2011, 10:11 PM
BIGDADI
Tourer

well i found the sticky thread on tts and I am liking what I read, but thinking I might just take to a pro tuner and have dyno tuned. any one know of a good dyno guy who works with the tts in Iowa or real close.

Old 05-15-2011, 05:50 AM
jaysonL
Elite HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

Check this out . I find it really interesting . I am still bike shopping, but when the time comes....I might just be the guinea pig, lol .
http://www.phatperformanceparts.com/...fi2000r-pp.htm

There isn't much info released on this yet . I have been scouring the net and I have found a few articles, but it does seem like Cobra is being tight lipped .

Old 05-15-2011, 07:22 AM
pontiac69
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Check this out on install. Its on a street glide but probaly the same on install.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3vVUs9Onss

Old 05-17-2011, 01:14 PM
Willy Willy
5th Gear

I did ALOT of research on what tuner to to buy for my 07 FXDWG. Here's a good link that explains tuners - https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...t-tuner-3.html - Post #25.
I went with the TTS. Mainly because, there's nothing to add to the bike. You just re-flash your factory ECU, and ride your bike to tune it yourself (die-hard DIYer). Like you, I plan on some more engine mods in the future, and what sold me the most on the TTS is that once ou get it, you're done. You can build your engine anyway you want, and simply re-tune for your particular build. Nothing else to buy, no one to call for a new map, no visit to a dyno shop to get re-tuned.
I read through the TTS thread, and have asked a couple of questions. The guys who post regurlarly there are really helpful and know TTS really well.
Right now, I have the TTS base map for my build installed but not tuned, and my bike rus great! I can't wait 'til I get a chance to tune it (rain delay).
IMHO, if you're a DIYer, TTS gives the most bang for the buck. That being said, everyone is going to have an opinion on which tuner to buy, and swear by the one they have. Research it well my friend, and you'll do great!

Ride safe,
WW