Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Check out my new behind!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2011, 08:41 PM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by blueangel73
Don't know, but MD only inspects a bike once and that is when you first get it. Either way, by the end of next week the DOT approved Model A tail lamp and new side mount from Road 6 Customs will be on the bike, so I'll be covered!
post a pic of that when you get it on. That'll be nice. Yessir.

Old 05-11-2011, 08:44 PM
RadioBob
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Real clean man

Old 05-11-2011, 09:24 PM
bigdaddy33
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Very clean. Is it really bright enough to be seen from behind on really bright days?

Old 05-11-2011, 09:36 PM
blueangel73
Elite HDF Member
Received 147 Likes on 122 Posts

I did all tge worrying last night- connectors, heat shrink, pinning and splicing. Then when I was finished I walked out remover the seat and plugged them in for testing.....everything went smooth. Then today when I got home from work I pulled the seat, side lamps and rear fender. Went in the house and laid out some tape on the fender to find the center. Cleaned up the fender and applied the bonding agent that came with the lights and went for it. I applied the light starting at the center and worked outward keeping aligned to the edge of the fender. Then applied the two side lights. Ran the worrying and installed the fender, plugged up the lights and snapped a few pics. I would say total time was maybe 2-3hrs between the two days.

The light in the pics is at 30% brightness and they are more noticeable then the stock bulbs. But, as I said I also have the extra side light coming and it is also bright enough to be seen.

I will get some picks up as soon as it's installed!

Old 05-11-2011, 09:38 PM
blueangel73
Elite HDF Member

iPhone has the crappiest choices of words. I did the wiring last night!

Also, the 30% is a running light brightness, 100% when brakes or turn is used.

Old 05-11-2011, 09:40 PM
bikerlaw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 486 Likes on 354 Posts

Blueangel..... OMFingG!!! I know this sounds silly, but I have been at a total loss as to what to do about my front turn signals. I have an aftermarket springer and have been trying my butt off to come up with a solution as to how to move my gigantic stock turn signals off my bars and down to my forks. Springers have no boss's, fittings or castings for mounting turn signals, and the tubes ARE NOT even round!!! This system might finally be the answer. Especially since they have the dual filament conversion system that works just like a plain old 1157 bulb. Thanks for posting up this thread, it may turn out to be the solution to a problem that has been plaguing me for quite some time. If I can flush mount a couple of these amber LED's with 3M tape right to the side of the forks and be done with it, I'll be psyched. Thanks again.
Neil

Old 05-11-2011, 10:40 PM
tinker1
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Really sweet. I like.

Old 05-11-2011, 11:03 PM
trip20
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

that's killer I might add a strip to the bottom edge of my fender for run/brake -- thanks bud

Old 05-12-2011, 05:39 AM
blueangel73
Elite HDF Member

Neil, they have it so you can go with individual lights, like the ones I have on the sides, different lengths in Red or Amber with Clear, Smoked or red cover. I plan on getting the side by side again like the red in the rear but in amber to put up front when I change my bars out. I am glade this was your meal ticket to change!

Wyde, I would recommend measuring the rear of the fender and not going past the curves on the sides, although these lights are flexible the are not that flexible to make the sharp turn. If it was a lonf swipping turn then it would work but not the on on the fenders on our Dyna, might be able to do it with the new fender on the Wide glide! If you need a better understanding let me know and I will send you some pics of what I am talking about.

Old 05-12-2011, 08:12 AM
trip20
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by blueangel73
Wyde, I would recommend measuring the rear of the fender and not going past the curves on the sides, although these lights are flexible the are not that flexible to make the sharp turn. If it was a lonf swipping turn then it would work but not the on on the fenders on our Dyna, might be able to do it with the new fender on the Wide glide! If you need a better understanding let me know and I will send you some pics of what I am talking about.
Thanks for the heads up. I guess seeing those pictures on the website where the had a tube of these lights wrapped around the front forks like a donut made me think they were as flexible as a pipe cleaner.

Sure, you can throw up some more pics in this thread. I think everyone is pretty interested in these things after seeing them on your ride. I'm interested in how you tapped in to the power source.

Quick Reply: Check out my new behind!!!!