Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Street bob for smaller person

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2011, 04:53 PM
Getnsquirrrelee
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Street bob for smaller person

Hey ya'll. I am new to the Harley world. I have always had jap sports bikes. I have a three year old now and would like to slow down a bit. The problem is, I am overwhelmed with all the models of Harley's. I really like the looks of the street bob but I am wondering about the way it fits smaller people. I am 5'6. I fit very well on the Fat boy lo but like the looks of the street bob better. Wondering if any smaller owners could give their opinions. Thanks.

Old 05-11-2011, 05:00 PM
Odis01
Advanced

I'm 6' 150 lbs and I can't stay off my street Bob. The dealer kept showing me different bikes and I just kept going back to the street Bob. Don't know how much you will slow down though.8)
Jim

Old 05-11-2011, 05:02 PM
SBRob
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,331 Likes on 1,713 Posts

Originally Posted by Getnsquirrrelee
Hey ya'll. I am new to the Harley world. I have always had jap sports bikes. I have a three year old now and would like to slow down a bit. The problem is, I am overwhelmed with all the models of Harley's. I really like the looks of the street bob but I am wondering about the way it fits smaller people. I am 5'6. I fit very well on the Fat boy lo but like the looks of the street bob better. Wondering if any smaller owners could give their opinions. Thanks.
Jap sport bikes have a much higher seat height...I think the Street Bob has a 25.5 " seat height with the stock seat.

Old 05-11-2011, 05:03 PM
Willy723
Tourer

with your height the Dyna line would be a much better fit overall than the softails, the streetbob i dont have any personal experience with but many members seem to really like them, and usually like to swap out to mid controls for better fit and control over the forwards. there are some members with some great lookin street bobs here too, as there are plenty of customizing options out there for the dyna line.

oh, and a little premature....but welcome to the world of Harley Davidsons.

Old 05-11-2011, 05:06 PM
iDodgimus
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm 5"7 and frikkin love my Street Bob, stock seat and stock mini apes (cranked forward just a tad)... no fit problems at all. In fact I'd like a seat that moves me back an inch or so as on longer rides my hips can feel a little cramped

DO EET!!!

Old 05-11-2011, 05:09 PM
Bspike1
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm 5'6". When I bought my street bob a little over a month ago it had already been lowered in front & back. I have actually had to raise it a bit and I can still stand flat-footed @ stoplights. I had a Sportster Custom before and the factory seat height is lower on the SB. Tue weight is lower in the frame so it feels more stable. You won't be dissatisfied with a Streetbob. Check my photoalbum for Pix.

Old 05-11-2011, 05:28 PM
DSnoopy
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Yep, Dyna is best for height and Street Bob's are awesome.

You can also slam the shocks and get a lower profile seat if needed, etc.

Old 05-11-2011, 05:40 PM
Getnsquirrrelee
Novice

Wow thanks all for the fast replys. I fell in love with the look. The only thing that scared me on comfort was the mini ape's. I rode a Gixxer 750 for about 5 years and was used to the whole tippy toes at lights but looking for something a little more comfortable. Ya'll really helped alot. I already got pre approved for financing, now just trying to narrow it down to which one.

Old 05-11-2011, 05:46 PM
iDodgimus
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Getnsquirrrelee
The only thing that scared me on comfort was the mini ape's.
Dont be frightened, they're super comfy... I spend 5 years on an old GS650, admittedly, not quite as prone as a gixxer but the superbike bars that were on it were considerably lower than the mini apes... and trust me, not only are they comfortable but they're really adjustable and nothing feels more badass that cruising with your fists out in front of you!

Get a Bob and dont look back

Old 05-11-2011, 06:24 PM
themickster
Intermediate

Yep, go for the bob, I'm 5'5" and love mine. Very comfy, and trust me a good seat makes a huge difference in comfort.

Quick Reply: Street bob for smaller person