Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pop! Then Nothing!

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2011, 02:19 PM
Down2Ride
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pop! Then Nothing!

Well, got the bike out getting ready to go to work. Started fine when I pulled it in front of the house. Turned it off for a few minutes to get some things. Went to start it up again. Turned the key on as normal. When I hit the start button, I heard a pop. Sounded like electrical. After that, no power at all. Had to push it back in the garage. No lights or anything will come on.

Old 05-11-2011, 02:25 PM
Iceman24
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 2,250 Likes on 1,641 Posts

Check your fuses...have you done any recent upgrades that could've caused a short (bars, wiring, etc.)?

Old 05-11-2011, 02:25 PM
stic2it
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had similar happen to my bike, a loud pop sort of like a backfire upon start up but I still had lights. I turned my bike off let is sit, turned it back on and let the oil light/pump completely go on and off and then attempted another start up. I would check you batter connection first, and then fuses. I had a bad connection and a fuse blow on me last year. Did you have your bike on a battery tender? Did you ever let your battery drain? I have found that these batteries don't like to be drained because they never recover....

Old 05-11-2011, 02:28 PM
Down2Ride
Advanced

No new upgrades. First electrical problem out of it. I'm at work now. Will have to look at it tomorrow.

Old 05-11-2011, 04:35 PM
jbrown4217
Cruiser

Mine did the same thing. It was loose battery cable. Tighten them with a socket not a screwdriver. It felt tight with a screwdriver but loose with a socket. That was about a month ago and no problems since.

Old 05-11-2011, 04:38 PM
HOGRIDA_06
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Most likely its a battery connection. I had the same thing happen my first time out this season. Loosen and retighten your battery connections and I'll bet you'll be fine.

Old 05-11-2011, 05:34 PM
Down2Ride
Advanced

Thanks.

Old 05-11-2011, 05:37 PM
Down2Ride
Advanced

Now, if I can just keep the pulley bolts tight. just replaced them a week ago and are loose again...with red loctite and all. I shredded all 5 a week ago. The bolts that were in there were not the right bolts (bought the bike used). Might have messed up the rim when it happened....the pulley still sits on there centered though.

Old 05-11-2011, 11:59 PM
Down2Ride
Advanced

Well. Got home and turned the key on. I have power. Didn't start it. Gonna tighten the battery cables tomorrow morn

Old 05-12-2011, 09:01 AM
paul s
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Down2Ride
Now, if I can just keep the pulley bolts tight. just replaced them a week ago and are loose again...with red loctite and all. I shredded all 5 a week ago. The bolts that were in there were not the right bolts (bought the bike used). Might have messed up the rim when it happened....the pulley still sits on there centered though.
I would retap the hub and put in a set that fits right.

Quick Reply: Pop! Then Nothing!