Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pop! Then Nothing!

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2011, 09:16 AM
8541hog
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Down2Ride
Now, if I can just keep the pulley bolts tight. just replaced them a week ago and are loose again...with red loctite and all. I shredded all 5 a week ago. The bolts that were in there were not the right bolts (bought the bike used). Might have messed up the rim when it happened....the pulley still sits on there centered though.

How long are the bolts you used? Was it the stock bolts that were damaged before or have you replaced them before?

Old 05-12-2011, 11:26 AM
dastick
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Down2Ride
Well, got the bike out getting ready to go to work. Started fine when I pulled it in front of the house. Turned it off for a few minutes to get some things. Went to start it up again. Turned the key on as normal. When I hit the start button, I heard a pop. Sounded like electrical. After that, no power at all. Had to push it back in the garage. No lights or anything will come on.
Mine did the same thing at the beginning of the season. I had had it on a battery tender all winter and as it turns out the battery tended wire (side that stays attached to the bike) had pinched where I have it coming out behind the battery box cover and had worn a hole through the wire. The bare wire was sitting against the battery box and shorted out. Some electrical tape and quick re-routing of the wire and have not had an issue since. Hope its as simple an issue for you.