Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'11 WG w/bags-n-boards

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2011, 11:52 AM
cjlandry
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '11 WG w/bags-n-boards

I put the Custom Chrome boards on front, mounted the bags on the back, and then put some Kuryaken passenger mini-boards on there. The starboard bag still needs some adjustment, but at least it's on there.

The boards are a lot more comfortable than the stock pegs. I'm debating the possibility of mounting the boards in the mid position and putting the pegs back up front, or just putting some pegs in the mid position. I need to get the hardware to mount the mid peg-mounts first. I have them, I just haven't installed them yet.

It's all about comfort on the highway.

Tomorrow, my black Progressive 440 shocks arrive. I can't wait to get those on there. My custom sissy-bar is scheduled to ship on the 20th. Then the cosmetics will be done for a while.

Old 05-11-2011, 12:00 PM
Gay Rider
Banned

That's the great thing about Harleys, lots of directions to go... myself if I got a new wide glide, and I looked at one JUST LIKE yours I would dump the pipes, add some apes and get the Stage 1 breather set up! But you have a nice bike... oh and I NEVER do windshields.LOL

Last edited by Gay Rider; 05-11-2011 at 12:04 PM.
Old 05-11-2011, 12:04 PM
SuperglideKen
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

That's looking good! Yours is the first WG that I've seen with Floorboards, I have Mini's on mine, and like it much more than a peg. How about posting some pictures looking down on them, like your sittting on your bike

Old 05-11-2011, 02:27 PM
pontiac69
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm debating the possibility of mounting the boards in the mid position and putting the pegs back up front, or just putting some pegs in the mid position. I need to get the hardware to mount the mid peg-mounts first. I have them, I just haven't installed them yet.

[/quote]

Didnt knw we can mount mid foot pegs. At times i wish there was aset just so you can reposition your feet after a long ride.

Old 05-11-2011, 03:19 PM
Gay Rider
Banned

On my Bob I started out with mid pegs for about a minute, then I put on forwards and decided that I was also going to maintain the mid pegs and it is great to have difference places to position your feet after some long rides, like last year when I rode from Seattle Washington to Lebanon PA! Good to have those extra pegs and not to mention how many more spots you can attach bungy cords to when you to haul more gear! :-)

Attached Thumbnails '11 WG w/bags-n-boards-bettybob6.jpg  
Old 05-11-2011, 03:58 PM
O.F.
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Don't mean to sound like a hater but those boards need wheels on the back! You gotta be scraping asphalt with those puppies, no? I do like the windshield! Ride safe!

Old 05-11-2011, 07:23 PM
cjlandry
Road Master

Originally Posted by SuperglideKen
That's looking good! Yours is the first WG that I've seen with Floorboards, I have Mini's on mine, and like it much more than a peg. How about posting some pictures looking down on them, like your sittting on your bike

Originally Posted by pontiac69
Didnt knw we can mount mid foot pegs. At times i wish there was aset just so you can reposition your feet after a long ride.
That's why I got the peg mounts. The frame has the threaded holes for them, it's just a matter of getting the bolts and putting them on.

Originally Posted by O.F.
Don't mean to sound like a hater but those boards need wheels on the back! You gotta be scraping asphalt with those puppies, no? I do like the windshield! Ride safe!
Don't worry about "sounding like a hater", it's true. I barely touched the asphalt once, then I adjusted them more level, however, that was after the photos were taken.

Regarding the windshield, it's very windy down here, and the windshield makes a world of difference. It really tries to blow me around, especially near a place called "5-points", where the wind is always blowing hard. I rode without it the other day and decided that I wanted to put it right back on.

I ride without the windshield when I'm just tooling around town.

Old 05-11-2011, 07:27 PM
cjlandry
Road Master

Originally Posted by theEvilMalcore

That's the great thing about Harleys, lots of directions to go... myself if I got a new wide glide, and I looked at one JUST LIKE yours I would dump the pipes, add some apes and get the Stage 1 breather set up! But you have a nice bike... oh and I NEVER do windshields.LOL
Thanks!

I like the factory "Tommy Gun" pipes with the Rush slip-ons. I want to have the heat-shields and mufflers powder-coated black.

Also, it has the SE Stage 1 air cleaner kit. It's the one that fits the stock cover, which I also like.

I didn't do windshields for many years, but then I rode a bike with a windshield for a while and learned to like it.

Old 05-11-2011, 08:57 PM
ken b
Road Captain

Which bags are those? Are they hard mounted and detachable?

Old 05-11-2011, 10:12 PM
PsTaN
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bike looks great!!! I have mine set-up almost exactly the same .... good looks, can carry some stuff, and aint gettin' beat to death on the way.

PsTaN

Quick Reply: '11 WG w/bags-n-boards