Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Old lady and I went on 1st date, 2-up on the FXDB

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2011, 11:28 PM
editbrain
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Old lady and I went on 1st date, 2-up on the FXDB

As some may have read for my B-day this year the wife put Textured Black 6 Spoke mags on the Street Bob, and as a bonus surprise she bought a detachable sissy bar and pegs.
I had already put a Fat Bob seat on instead of the solo seat.

Well tonight was our first date ever on the Harley. We road downtown, and had apps and a couple drinks. Saw a few friends, and then came home.

Was a nice time, but this was her second time riding 2-up on the Harley, and she got a little nervous on the way home. I wasn't driving fast or trying to show off. I was just cruising. Then I put it in perspective. I have few hundred thousand miles on a motorcycle, and she probably has 3,000.. The last time she was on her old bike she went topside, and that was 8 years ago.

So I am proud of her for giving it another go on two wheels. I hope she can overcome the nerves.

Old 05-07-2011, 11:39 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,239 Likes on 2,469 Posts

That's cool! Hope ya'll make some good memories riding together.

Kevin

Old 05-08-2011, 01:20 AM
Spiro Drummer
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm back on a bike for the first time since my accident in '95.. A full faced helmet, armoured jacket AND gloves, riding boots, and a refresher course have helped ease my anxiousness.. Oh and when i get a little nervous, i just remember to ride/drive within MY abilities..
Take it easy for awhile (when 2 up) and she'll get her confidence back.. :-))
ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-08-2011, 08:01 AM
SteveO-ll
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by editbrain

Well tonight was our first date ever on the Harley. We road downtown, and had apps and a couple drinks. Saw a few friends, and then came home.

Was a nice time, but this was her second time riding 2-up on the Harley, and she got a little nervous on the way home.

So I am proud of her for giving it another go on two wheels. I hope she can overcome the nerves.

Kudos to You and the Misses............. Now you know there is nothing like a nice country ride to sooth the nerves.

Old 05-08-2011, 07:53 PM
editbrain
Road Warrior

I tried to get her to ride to Hot Springs for an early dinner, but she refused. She wanted to stay close, but I kept telling her that d'town was crowded and busy. I tried to insist that the ride out to HSP would be a lot calmer, but after a few refusals from her, and her insisting on staying in town, we went.
Next time I think she will listen to me when I say, "Let's get out of town for a ride."

Old 05-08-2011, 08:25 PM
sm0kediver
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Having a good woman on the back makes it better in so many ways. They can navigate, take pictures, keep you entertained and give neck massages. Plus it's fun to see the look on the cage drivers faces when she wraps her legs around your waist at a redlight.

Old 05-09-2011, 05:38 PM
iamrockinrich
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is pretty cool! I got my first bike ever in September 2010. My wife swore she would NEVER get on it! I loved riding. Imrode it constantly. I hated leaving her at home but i also knew i needed some experience with riding before i talked her into getting on back. After the first of this year she saw how much fun I was having she finally gave in. I bought her all the right gear so she would feel comfortable. I try not to do anything to make her nervous. Now she will com home from work and say "let's ride to dinner". Rode to Laughlin run with friends on my longest ride without her. Now she wants to go on an over-nighter so I made reservations in Santa barbara. It will be about a 250 mile ride up and down the coast. There is nothing like riding the 2 most favorite things in one weekend!

Old 05-10-2011, 08:31 AM
dreamer65
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

When I got my FXDC the wife was not to keen on riding, but she try it and enjoys it now, I got a sissy bar and a nice comfortable seat for her. We even rode down to Daytona Bike week in march she loved it. I ask her to take the MSF course and she did and passed it! The first time she rode on the back after the ride she said to me now i understand my women like to ride on these things lol.
editbrain just take it easy with her, do short rides until she feels at home on the back and you motorcycle fun will get better because you always will have someone to share the good times with
daytona bound

Old 05-10-2011, 09:12 AM
editbrain
Road Warrior

The first thing my wife said when she got off our first ride was this, "When do I get mine?"

LOL

Ah.. She just had a bad spill a few years ago. She went topside, and it really made her weary of the two wheeler. I give her props for getting back on the bike. We tried with my older Virago's, but she did not like them. I think they were to small to make her feel comfortable. She likes the Harley though.

Old 05-10-2011, 09:30 AM
SteveO-ll
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by editbrain
The first thing my wife said when she got off our first ride was this, "When do I get mine?"

LOL

Ah.. She just had a bad spill a few years ago. She went topside, and it really made her weary of the two wheeler. I give her props for getting back on the bike. We tried with my older Virago's, but she did not like them. I think they were to small to make her feel comfortable. She likes the Harley though.

I told you!

Back in the "She bought me wheels thread", it was all a set up (not that that is a bad thing)

Quick Reply: Old lady and I went on 1st date, 2-up on the FXDB