Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

There's a stranger on my '10 Wide Glide...

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2011, 11:18 PM
EricInNCa
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

Dude! I'm glad you listened to that inner voice telling you to check on your bike. I've never had anything like that happen (and I don't carry), but boy, stories like this make you really think. SHOULD I be carrying. I guess in the long run, it's only a bike and I can always get another one. I DO carry a cell phone with which a quick call and picture may be all I need. If I did carry, I'm afraid that getting "caught up in the moment" might end up in a bad situation. Glad it all worked out for you...

Old 05-06-2011, 11:54 PM
j1mmy
Elite HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

i was at a family members house for dinner once,my bike was parked out front on the sidewalk...i looked out,6 16-20yo neighbors were climbing all over my bike for a photo-shoot..i was ready to take them all on

Old 05-07-2011, 12:19 AM
ryderbiker
Road Warrior
Received 42 Likes on 16 Posts

I don't like people pawing around on my bike. I've never had anyone sit on it that didn't ask permission that I know of. I have a lot of time and money invested in it but I have insurance in case something happens to it. It won't cover the time I have invested in it, but I'm not willing to get shot or shoot someone over my bike. That being said, I'm a big *** tattooed boy who LOVES to throw down. If I caught someone on my bike someone would leave bleeding. I've had a bike stolen and it sucks, but I still leave it "unlocked" most the time.

Last edited by ryderbiker; 05-07-2011 at 12:23 AM.
Old 05-07-2011, 05:17 AM
Spanners39
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 845 Likes on 454 Posts

You were at the tax office...a building well known for being populated by thieving bastards.....they'll get ya one way or another bro ;-)

Old 05-07-2011, 09:37 AM
CMC
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by EricInNCa
SHOULD I be carrying. I guess in the long run, it's only a bike and I can always get another one. I DO carry a cell phone with which a quick call and picture may be all I need. If I did carry, I'm afraid that getting "caught up in the moment" might end up in a bad situation. Glad it all worked out for you...
It's nearly impossible to get a ccw permit here in the people's republic.

Old 05-07-2011, 09:48 AM
jeffreydsilver
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 165 Likes on 114 Posts
Default Always trust your gut!

Originally Posted by Expoacher
In thinking back, I believe their intent was to steal the cycle in broad daylight with me yards away.
FOR SURE!
With alarm / with pager / with siren - doesn't matter!
A scumbag is a scumbag.

Old 05-07-2011, 11:43 AM
Billyram
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

In SC the law was passed you can use what ever force necessary to protect your property or life. You don't have to stand and watch a crime happening to your self and do nuthing. I'm glad I live in a area where people don't normally mess with your stuff.
Billy

Old 05-07-2011, 12:32 PM
lhgdale
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 56 Likes on 32 Posts

I'm so happy this has not happened to me (knock wood). I would go from 0 to crazy in less than a second. People these days either have no clue, a sh*t ton of nerve or maybe both.

Old 05-07-2011, 12:51 PM
UJUSTLOST
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Florida too has the Castle Doctrine which allows you to stand your ground and use force to protect yourself or your property. I dont leave the house without one of my pistols. Its either a G30 .45, G29 .40, or a Ruger LCP .380. I WILL NOT be a victim.

Old 05-07-2011, 01:16 PM
jbrown4217
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Missouri has castle doctrine too, but that applies to someone entering your home or vehicle. It wouldn't apply to a parking lot where someone was stealing your bike. I have a ccw and sometimes carry, but I don't think I would shoot someone over a motorcycle, unless it got violent when I tried to stop them and I had to protect myself. In the OP's situation where they made up a stupid excuse and left I agree with using my cellphone not my pistol. Just my .02.

Quick Reply: There's a stranger on my '10 Wide Glide...