Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

There's a stranger on my '10 Wide Glide...

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2011, 08:26 PM
editbrain
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

For the guys in the truck. I think maybe a call to 911 with the cell in the left hand, and the stubby in the right.
Kinda sit back for a minute, and see what they were going to do. Have the cops on the way, and if they start to move it. Give them an eye full of a .44 SPC barrel with a few choice words. Huh?
After all you are stopping a felony at that point.

Old 05-06-2011, 08:30 PM
Garandman
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bobgv
Mother fffffr's they were gonna clip your bike, up in NYC their stealing all types of bikes and scooters even in broad day light. It was in the paper last week to tie down your rides cause they just pull up with a van/pickup and toss it in the back. So lock up ur scoots and be safe.
At least they're long and heavy so he had time to get out there.

A sport bike weighs less than 400 lbs and will fit in a minivan. So the FF's steal a minivan, then use their stolen GPS to take them back to the bike they want, throw it in and they're gone.

Fast forward to 2:30.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D96QM-lzLM8

Dowco makes a $20 cover alarm that has a pull pin. Loud as hell. I have two of them.

Last edited by Garandman; 05-06-2011 at 08:32 PM.
Old 05-06-2011, 08:34 PM
SC-Longhair
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by editbrain
For the guys in the truck. I think maybe a call to 911 with the cell in the left hand, and the stubby in the right.
Kinda sit back for a minute, and see what they were going to do. Have the cops on the way, and if they start to move it. Give them an eye full of a .44 SPC barrel with a few choice words. Huh?
After all you are stopping a felony at that point.
Good idea but unless you feel your life is in danger, you cannot pull a weapon out on someone. You'll go to jail quicker than they will.

Sitting back while calling 911 is a great idea.

Old 05-06-2011, 08:47 PM
RAWHIDE07
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 40,027 Likes on 13,516 Posts

Originally Posted by SC-Longhair
Good idea but unless you feel your life is in danger, you cannot pull a weapon out on someone. You'll go to jail quicker than they will.

Sitting back while calling 911 is a great idea.
I carry,if they are willing to walk away that's fine,but they're not going to take the bike if I'm armed.

Old 05-06-2011, 10:22 PM
SC-Longhair
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by RAWHIDE07
I carry,if they are willing to walk away that's fine,but they're not going to take the bike if I'm armed.
Don't get me wrong, I am all for persuading them to move along.

Back in late 90's in my hometown (Hawthorne, NJ) there was an interesting situation.
A legal gun owner catches 4 kids breaking into his car, in the process of stealing it. as the story goes, he fired one warning shot into the air. They began driving away in HIS car. He fired a shot at the car, hitting the passenger in either the rear or front seat in the head whom later died. The owner of the stolen car was arrested, convicted of murder and is doing 20yrs in prison.

Old 05-06-2011, 10:28 PM
editbrain
Road Warrior

Vic, there are different laws for each state. At the time you confront a band of grown men stealing your property is a time of grave danger. Calling and watching, while having the police on the phone is a great plan. When they start to take the bike a little persuasion to stop a felony, while protecting yourself from a gang of thieves is just insurance.
I don't know what I would do actually until presented with that situation, but I do know that if I did go to talk to them. I would have kept distance, and been prepared to defend myself and my property.

Nobody said, "Pull your gun, and start blazing." I am not going to confront 4 grown men intent on stealing my bike without my piece drawn and hidden behind my back. Be it they start to approach me, and continue to steal my bike. Then a she comes out with stern words.
I did not say I would cowboy the situation into a tangled mess that would put me in jail.

I am glad the OPs bike was kept in his possession, and that there wasn't conflict.

Last edited by editbrain; 05-06-2011 at 10:31 PM.
Old 05-06-2011, 10:30 PM
Woweh
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by Expoacher
Was sitting in the tax office this Tuesday (yes, had filed for an extension) and got a funny feeling with my 2010 Wide Glide parked outside. Told the lady I was gonna check to see if the rain had started, went to the door, and right away noticed a Dodge truck between me and my bike with the tops of two guys around my bike. Went out and approached them, only to see my bars move and one of the older fellows sitting on my bike. Needless to say, went ballistic as they got off my bike apologizing and wanting to shake hands. Guy claimed he thought it was for sale and said the one that quickly jumped off had one just like it.
Talking about going from mild to white hot in .2 seconds. In thinking back, I believe their intent was to steal the cycle in broad daylight with me yards away.

The MF'ers were getting ready to TAX you IMO. They create an illusion that they are sitting on a buddies bike, then load her up and...GONE. Ya I'd go out and approach them, ask them WTF?? I would also give their License plate# to the Police and tell them what just happened, even though nothing did. Nothing worst then getting a visit from a LEO, and him/her finding something that you don't want them to!! LOL

I'd say the old saying, shoot first ask questions later bit, which came to mind first, but 25+ years in the pen isn't my idea of retirement. Under different circumstances that will fly, not this one..no threat to me. Jus saying!!

Old 05-06-2011, 10:30 PM
vindyl
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WOW you didn't smack someone? Thats one reason I NEVER leave home with out my trusty S&W. Someone tries to steal my ride you better be quick about it. This is one reason I hate to leave it anywhere. I too think they were gonna jack your ride. Get a CCW and next time introduce them to your favorite hand gun.

Old 05-06-2011, 10:32 PM
editbrain
Road Warrior

Where is this shoot first ask questions later come from?

Old 05-06-2011, 10:43 PM
Expoacher
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Trust me, they weren't going anywhere with my bike and me standing there. Don't ever leave home without it....;o) I think they were in as much shock as I was pissed, as they looked up and I came out the door with my chaps on and was obviously the bike owner.
From now on the forks will be locked and the ignition locked, though thats no guarantee.

Quick Reply: There's a stranger on my '10 Wide Glide...