Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cycle Shack Slip-Ons

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2011 | 07:56 PM
Steel Steed
Road Captain

Can you change the baffles to quiet and loud on the Cycle Shacks?

Old 05-06-2011 | 08:44 PM
MaverickGentleBen
|
Novice

Originally Posted by Steel Steed
I'm not sure. I am going to do some research. I need to measure the i.d. Once i have that it should be just a matter of finding baffles that match. But, they sound so good I don't know if i want to screw with them.

Old 05-06-2011 | 09:15 PM
Chicago Ken
Road Warrior

I heard that Cycle Shack used to make the older Screaming Eagle Slip-Ons before Harley got all EPA compliant.

Old 05-07-2011 | 01:29 AM
Nat_Asp_Mike
Cruiser

I got mine comming in the mail. What's involved on the installation side? It looks simple enough but is there anything to look out for? Links to guides?
Thanks in advance
Mike

Old 05-07-2011 | 01:31 AM
Nat_Asp_Mike
Cruiser

I got mine comming in the mail. What's involved on the installation side? It looks simple enough but is there anything to look out for? Links to guides?
Thanks in advance
Mike

Old 05-07-2011 | 07:03 AM
Billyram
Tourer

Originally Posted by Steel Steed
The baffles are non removable.

Originally Posted by Nat_Asp_Mike
Thanks in advance
Mike
It's quite straight foward. You will need a 3/8" SAE deep well socket set, some Kroll or other penetrating oil to ease the removal of the clamps and old muffler. Make a note of the position of the clamps. You want to install them on the new mufflers before slipping them back on the head pipes. Get every thing back in the right position, tighten up and reinstall your heat shields. "You don't have to but I used a dab of anti-seeze on the clamp threads"
Go riding
Billy

Last edited by Billyram; 05-07-2011 at 07:59 AM.
Old 05-07-2011 | 07:26 AM
johnwyz
Tourer

Baffles on cycle shacks are removable.

Old 05-07-2011 | 07:58 AM
Billyram
Tourer

Originally Posted by johnwyz
Baffles on cycle shacks are removable.
On the ones I just installed the baffle apears to be welded and part of the core. Once removed it would be difficult to reinstall. Other models may have baffles that are easier to remove. The way mine sound I wouldn't change nuthing.
Billy

Old 05-08-2011 | 12:37 AM
BluBob
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Nat_Asp_Mike
Thanks in advance
Mike
You don't really need a guide, but you may want to buy two new TORCA clamps from HD. They clamp the slip ons to the head pipes. Just loosen the mount for the stock pipes, loosen both the clamps, then take the nuts and bolts off the mount and pull the pipes one at a time. Be careful when you install the new ones so you don't scratch your new slip ons with the end of the heat shield of the head pipe (both). Leave everything finger tight until you know you have the right orientation on the pipes. Then tighten the clamps, tighten the mount, check the clamps, and run it. I usually re-tighten after they are warm. There is a torque spec for those clamps, but I don't have a manual in front of me. I think it is pretty light, like 25 ft-lbs or so. You can easily snap the bolt on them if you get gorilla.

Old 05-11-2011 | 10:46 PM
Nat_Asp_Mike
Cruiser

True enough, pretty easy install. It took me a hair over an hour to put em on. The only snag I ran into were the clamps. The new mufflers are a little wider on the ends than the stock ones so the clamps needed a little massaging to slip on.
The sound is lovely! At idle it sounds like a Harley should. Not obnoxious but nice and "crackly". At speed I didn't notice much change. I guess all the sound is behind you as it should be. What I did notice is that, on city streets, people in cars and pedestrians start to turn heads. They are more aware of my presence so that's good for safety obviously.
IMO, great bang for the buck mod.
Mike