Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Will this damage my bike?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2011, 04:44 PM
tripseven
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Whoa...I thought picking pipes and A/C was a bit of a tough choice. After a little research on tuners Im now thoroughly confused LOL. I like the idea of the TMAX auto tune. Will that work without needing a dyno? Im not looking to get every last bit of performance at this point but would like something that will work with future mods and keep me out of the dealership for simple pipes and A/C. Im a little confused...is the TMAX w/AT plug and play or will I spend all Summer trying to figure it out? Thanks for all the input!

Old 05-03-2011, 05:02 PM
snowman2010
Intermediate

Originally Posted by tripseven
Whoa...I thought picking pipes and A/C was a bit of a tough choice. After a little research on tuners Im now thoroughly confused LOL. I like the idea of the TMAX auto tune. Will that work without needing a dyno? Im not looking to get every last bit of performance at this point but would like something that will work with future mods and keep me out of the dealership for simple pipes and A/C. Im a little confused...is the TMAX w/AT plug and play or will I spend all Summer trying to figure it out? Thanks for all the input!

Check into Fuel Moto's website (a sponsor here) they have a lot options. Some tuners can be "mapped" to your needs.. Jamie is the go to guy and will answer your questions. I order the Power Vision last week and it works really well for me. They have done A LOT of dyno testing to aid your concerns on different tuners

Old 05-03-2011, 09:01 PM
tripseven
2nd Gear

Looks like I better stick with the SERT I already have since the others will void my Ext Wty. Thanks for the link snowman. That was quite helpful!

Old 05-03-2011, 09:10 PM
02ULTRA
Road Captain

Looks like I better stick with the SERT I already have since the others will void my Ext Wty. Thanks for the link snowman. That was quite helpful!
That statement is a matter of debate, but HD wants you to believe that it is true!

Old 05-03-2011, 10:10 PM
tripseven
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by 02ULTRA
That statement is a matter of debate, but HD wants you to believe that it is true!
I read that somewhere on this forum. Has any forum members had any troubles with HD warranties using non-HD tuners? Just asking cuz I really want to go with something with auto tune. Seems like it would cost much more to have to bring it to them for tuning each time I do a mod. Just trying to save some cashola over the long run.

Old 05-03-2011, 11:42 PM
p51bombay
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Get a TTS - first thing you do is save the factory map, if there's a problem and you just reload that map before heading to the dealer.

Old 05-04-2011, 02:28 AM
JayStronghawk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 280 Likes on 215 Posts

I read that somewhere on this forum. Has any forum members had any troubles with HD warranties using non-HD tuners? Just asking cuz I really want to go with something with auto tune. Seems like it would cost much more to have to bring it to them for tuning each time I do a mod. Just trying to save some cashola over the long run.
Never had a problem with Factory and Now Extended warranty with PC V with Auto Tune .. Although the dealer would rather rape you for their doing the work and suppling what they want to sell you ..

Old 05-04-2011, 04:49 AM
jefx
Tourer

I like the idea of the TMAX auto tune. Will that work without needing a dyno? Im not looking to get every last bit of performance at this point but would like something that will work with future mods and keep me out of the dealership for simple pipes and A/C. Im a little confused...is the TMAX w/AT plug and play or will I spend all Summer trying to figure it out?
I have the Tmax w/AT and I couldn't be happier! I installed it myself in under an hour.....Programing takes an additional 20-30 minutes. You NEED to be able to get your (running) bike within 15 feet of a computer or laptop, in order to program it. Then it's simply a matter of following the step-by-step instructions. After loading the base map closest to your engine setup, the Autotune will continue to learn and adjust the engine to run at optimal levels all by itself. It's constantly learning and adjusting stuff according to altitude, temperature, etc., and there is no dyno needed.

Theoretically speaking, the Autotune should be THE MOST efficient tuner you can use since it constantly adjusts for every factor (just like modern car engines). The best part is that you can easily load a different base map on your own if you ever make significant changes to your engine (going from true duals to a 2 into 1 setup, cams, displacement, etc.) without ever needing a dyno or dealer adjustment!!!!

Old 05-04-2011, 08:00 AM
brennanmg
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

Originally Posted by snowman2010
Check into Fuel Moto's website (a sponsor here) they have a lot options. Some tuners can be "mapped" to your needs.. Jamie is the go to guy and will answer your questions. I order the Power Vision last week and it works really well for me. They have done A LOT of dyno testing to aid your concerns on different tuners

+1 on this. The TM w/ AT works great for me and Jamie at Fuel Moto was great to deal with. He sent me mine pre-loaded to meet what I had installed.