Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TallBoy Seat

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2011, 10:15 PM
BoxOfCohibas
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TallBoy Seat

I just purchased the TallBoy seat for my '10 FXDWG. I am 6'3" 175lbs. The stock seat just sucks. I was considering extending my forward controls, but figured that I wanted a new seat anyways. Got the tallboy off ebay, and have never sat on one. The bucket seat is what I was going for, more so than the stock seat as that does not seem to be a bucket as much as it's a frisbee. My question is, does anyone have the tallboy seat and how do you like it? Does it give the bucket feel? My other option was a Mustang seat, but I heard that it actualy moves you up, and I do not want that.

Old 05-03-2011, 02:56 AM
HemiOrange
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BoxOfCohibas
I just purchased the TallBoy seat for my '10 FXDWG. I am 6'3" 175lbs. The stock seat just sucks. I was considering extending my forward controls, but figured that I wanted a new seat anyways. Got the tallboy off ebay, and have never sat on one. The bucket seat is what I was going for, more so than the stock seat as that does not seem to be a bucket as much as it's a frisbee. My question is, does anyone have the tallboy seat and how do you like it? Does it give the bucket feel? My other option was a Mustang seat, but I heard that it actualy moves you up, and I do not want that.
I just returned from my garage after holding my stock seat against the Mustang wide that's on my bike. I can't see where the Mustang would put you any further forward, it just won't let you slide back as far as the stocker. The stock seat is sort of banana shaped and unless you like to sit the uphill portion of the back, the Mustang actually sits you back further. If you sit in the cradle of the stocker you will be sitting an inch or two further forward. I really like the Mustang for comfort and for how it keeps me from sliding off the back when hitting the gears.

I guess that's water under the bridge now that you ordered the TallBoy, but if that doesn't work out for you...

Last edited by HemiOrange; 05-03-2011 at 02:59 AM.
Old 05-03-2011, 07:10 AM
hotdog1922
Novice

I have the tallboy too. Brings you up and back. Comfortable seat but ugly.

Old 05-03-2011, 08:30 AM
dreamer65
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by hotdog1922
I have the tallboy too. Brings you up and back. Comfortable seat but ugly.
+1 on that . seat is ugly but comfortable, moves you up and back. I have the mid controls and it makes the ride comfortable not as cramped and i only 6'1" also my wife loves it too. we rode to daytona on it and never really had any dead *** pain lol stock seat is sh8t but looks great i use that around town. when i feel like i need to look cool lol

Old 05-03-2011, 08:36 AM
Tbob96
Novice

I'm also 6'3" and put a Tallboy on my 2010 FXDF. The extra leg room is nice but it dosen't do much for the looks of the bike as mentioned. The TB definately has more of a bucket feel than the stocker but the added height makes me feel as though I'm on top of the bike a bit more than the stocker which took a little getting used to.

Old 05-03-2011, 10:28 AM
JK2
Novice

Is the seat itself more comfortable than the stock seat? Not just the leg room but padding, etc. I am thinking about getting a tallboy seat and I want to make sure the aftermarket seats from HD are more comfortable than stock.

Thanks.

Old 05-03-2011, 12:27 PM
Tbob96
Novice

Originally Posted by JK2
Is the seat itself more comfortable than the stock seat? Not just the leg room but padding, etc. I am thinking about getting a tallboy seat and I want to make sure the aftermarket seats from HD are more comfortable than stock.

Thanks.
Yes it is more comfy for sure IMO. Also if you ride 2 up your passenger will like the TB much more than the stock seat.

Old 05-05-2011, 12:14 PM
BoxOfCohibas
Advanced

Thanks everyone for the feedback. It looks like I will still have to purchase a cool seat for when I want to show it off a bit. TallBoy will be on my doorstep tomorrow. Will post pics.