Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

T-Max w/ Autotune installed

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2011, 07:50 PM
Bspike1
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default T-Max w/ Autotune installed

I installed the Thunder Max EFI w/ Autotune today. Now waiting on the rain to clear so I can try out and see what I got.

Old 05-02-2011, 09:07 PM
SURFOR Chop
Elite HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

I predict you're gonna love it ... what base map did you load in the module ...? I am running a modified map #452 on mine ... runs like a champ!

R/
'Chop

Old 05-02-2011, 09:23 PM
BoxOfCohibas
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am dropping some SE 204 cams in mine this week and will be loading the 699 map. It will pretty much match exactly to my mods. I can't wait!!! You will love the ThunderMax. My only issue has been with the constantly changing temperature and humidity causeing idle stability issues. I lowered my idle to 880, and it just seems to not idle smooth. Have run the IAC Auto process numerous times, but it seems that with every change in the weather, I have to run it again or the idle is not consistent.

Old 05-02-2011, 09:42 PM
SURFOR Chop
Elite HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by BoxOfCohibas
... My only issue has been with the constantly changing temperature and humidity causeing idle stability issues. I lowered my idle to 880, and it just seems to not idle smooth. Have run the IAC Auto process numerous times, but it seems that with every change in the weather, I have to run it again or the idle is not consistent.
I have not had issues with good idling ... and only run the IAC maybe 2 or 3 times after making a significant component change ... but, not other than that ....

I wonder if maybe you're having a problem with one of your sensors ... try hooking up your laptop to the cord and watch the monitor screen to ensure the head temp, air temp, throttle position and all of the sensors look right ... maybe check the diagnostics just to be sure it is not throwing a code ....

Could it be some debris or something in your IAC ...? Any reason you might have an intake air leak ...?

R/
'Chop

Old 05-02-2011, 10:07 PM
BoxOfCohibas
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The sensors look to be stable. The IAC targets tend to bounce around a bit but it has done that since day one.

I don't think I have a air leak, but it could be possible. Just two months ago I had the ThunderMax, Big Shots and SE Heavy Breather installed. No codes to-date. Taking it back to the same indy for the cams this Friday. I will make sure to bring up the topic.

Old 05-03-2011, 04:06 AM
parts eeter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BoxOfCohibas
I am dropping some SE 204 cams in mine this week and will be loading the 699 map. It will pretty much match exactly to my mods. I can't wait!!! You will love the ThunderMax. My only issue has been with the constantly changing temperature and humidity causeing idle stability issues. I lowered my idle to 880, and it just seems to not idle smooth. Have run the IAC Auto process numerous times, but it seems that with every change in the weather, I have to run it again or the idle is not consistent.
Bigger cams and a LOWER idle setting is prolly the reason your IAC is tripping out. Try bumping your idle numbers up to proper specs. I suspect this should stabilize your idle. Your current 880 idle speed is causing your IAC to chase itself and the electric motor is getting hot. These fuel injected bikes really dont like low idle settings, and should be set to stock idle speeds to perform properly.

You can get away with lowering them a bit, but I wouldnt drop it that low.

Old 05-03-2011, 05:16 AM
davidwideglide06
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Some where in the tmax manual it explains that you need to lower the idle in increments instead of all at once. Also there is a new software update that came out last week, a lot of new maps and noticed a few have notes on the ends of them that mention they are good with lower Idle rpms.

Old 05-03-2011, 07:47 AM
Bspike1
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I went with MAP #644.

Old 05-03-2011, 08:21 AM
8541hog
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

Actually the manual says not to lower the idle as the oil pump will not be adequate for at lower speeds.

From the MoCo

OIL PUMP
The stock oil pump is not capable of providing sufficient scavenge volume and oil pressure below the normal 1,000
RPM idle speed. Installation of a heavy duty oil pump, such as the Feuling 7000 series is highly recommended.

Old 05-04-2011, 10:31 AM
brennanmg
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Put the TMAX w/ AT on along with my pipes and A/C. No complaints here...

Quick Reply: T-Max w/ Autotune installed