Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

QQ Baffle questions...

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2011, 11:59 AM
thedonk13
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default QQ Baffle questions...

Yes i searched, no i did not find...

I am debating "internally" about ordering a set of QQ baffles for my 09 FXDF. I know, some will say save up and buy some slip ons or real pipes, well i really like the look of my stock pipes. Slip ons do little but change the sound of things. I really love how the QQ baffles sound.

My questions are these.

1. Do I need to get remapped after installing these? I don't have the cash now, but I plan on saving up to get a PC-V down the line. Running these for a few months without remapping shouldn't hurt, at least I don't think so. I do have a Whimmer Better Sucker already installed, so I'm a little worried about changing anything with the exhaust now.

2. Has anyone left their stock baffles in place when installing these QQ baffles? I am debating on leaving them in, installing these, and then maybe taking out the stock baffles later. BUT, I don't want to hurt my bike. I've heard doing this will make you run richer, will this cause a problem long term?

Thanks in advance for answering my questions.

Old 05-02-2011, 12:15 PM
8541hog
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

I had the QQ's in my Big Radius, different scenario since mine is an 05, but your 09 will not NEED a remap just to swap out the baffles.
I completely replaced my baffles, which was great for performance and would be my first way to go on yours as well. You can always add if you wish to do so later.

Old 05-02-2011, 06:08 PM
maxxod
Banned

I did this on a set of 09 FXDF head pipes and mufflers. QQ baffles installed in the head pipes...removed baffles from mufflers....Very deep sounding exhaust, sounds a little hollow due to the large muffler bodies with nothing in them.

Old 05-03-2011, 11:02 AM
thedonk13
Advanced

i pulled the trigger last night and order my baffles...i assume they will be here by the weekend and i should have some sweet sounding pipes this weekend! hopefully...i saw your vid btw, was one of the main reason i decided to go this route over buying rush's....bigger bang, less buck, and i get to keep my stock looking system...i actually really like the look of this exhaust system..just hate that sewing machine sound

Old 05-03-2011, 01:39 PM
maxxod
Banned

I think the stock fxdf pipes look cool too.....I think they look even better on a Street Bob.......pipes have a cool snort to them when banging throughthe gears too......post a vid when you are done

Old 05-09-2011, 11:46 AM
thedonk13
Advanced

well the QQ's are now installed and all i can say is WOW! my friend who has bassanis (spelling) on his bike was a little upset because he loves the sound of my bike versus his now...its a LOT louder and deep/throaty as well...i love it! i was a little nervous about the loudness being over whelming, but it's only bad if you get on it, and thats when you want to be loud...at idle it just sounds mean!

my bike WAS running really lean, i think it was because i had put a whimmer better sucker on it about a year ago, and i was really afraid with running wide open baffles basically it would hurt the motor, so i swapped it for the stock AC until I can afford to get a PC-V...now it runs and sounds better than ever...

I would recommend the QQ baffles over any slip-on any day....they both do just about one thing, make it sound better...why pay more for slip ones?? go QQ all the way!!

ps - I took before and after vids, but my cell phone video cam doesn't do it just...i am going to try and do an after vid again in the same spot I did the before vid....maybe that will help....

here is the original "after" vid...sounds pretty crappy if you ask me..

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Potn4eh7NtE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Old 05-09-2011, 07:01 PM
maxxod
Banned

Sound great Donk! Fixed video link for you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Potn4eh7NtE

I wasnt sure that I loved the sound of the pipes with the new baffles at first....it sounds different when you are on the bike....had my friend do a fly by...all I can say is YEAHHHHHHHH!!!!! Bike sounds pissed off now! Ripping through the gears gets a good snort between shifts.....good job!!

Old 06-19-2011, 04:39 PM
racertb
Advanced
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by maxxod
Sound great Donk! Fixed video link for you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Potn4eh7NtE

I wasnt sure that I loved the sound of the pipes with the new baffles at first....it sounds different when you are on the bike....had my friend do a fly by...all I can say is YEAHHHHHHHH!!!!! Bike sounds pissed off now! Ripping through the gears gets a good snort between shifts.....good job!!
How much louder are the moster baffles over the QQ?