Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FXDX handling monster

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2011, 12:36 PM
Blouder
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Was checking out this guys build, http://www.dub-performance.com/en/index2.html

Really diggin the idea of something like it.

Old 11-16-2011, 07:30 PM
voneville
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Blouder
Vonville,
That bikes looks AWESOME! Does he still have it and ride it? I'm surprised he didn't go dual disk brake up front. Is that a Storz rear cowl?
That is a Storz seat and he still owns the bike but he hasn't been riding it the last few years, he's been busy riding other cool bikes he owns. Sort of a hero to me because he actually follows through with projects and completes them, unlike me, which is why I just finally broke down and bought a new bike to slowly modify over time...

As for the brakes, to be honest I have no idea. He's worked as a mechanic for almost as long as I've known him and he laced that front wheel himself so I know he could have ran a dual disc if he wanted to. I think it was a setup he was comfortable with at the time.

Old 11-16-2011, 10:15 PM
sharkey
Grand HDF Member
Received 473 Likes on 277 Posts

Sharkey, thanks for the reply and the insight. You got some pics of your feather weight? Or a build thread?

The build thread would be back a few years; basically a Headquarters 103 with 111hp/117ft lbs; best part of the engine build is 100ft lbs at 2200RPM; there's some pics in my profile...

Should be just under 600lbs come spring; still heavier than an FXR and without the FXR swingarm.

Imagine a 113 inch twin-cam FXR with all the diet stuff...expensive but WOW...

Everybody should live at least one dream.....

Old 11-16-2011, 11:22 PM
LA VIC
Road Master
Received 43 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by creekhed1
What do you need?

AN FXR!
Think you may be right about that. Harley took a step back with respect to frames with the Dyna. Frames that flex will never be great handlers no matter how much money you throw at the suspension.

Old 11-17-2011, 06:36 AM
ged533
Cruiser

A lighter bike will handle better.less unsprung weight is key.composite rotors alloy swing arm true trac composite front fender shorai lithium battery fork brace all help but is expensive

Attached Thumbnails FXDX handling monster-picture-012.jpg   FXDX handling monster-picture-015.jpg  
Old 11-17-2011, 12:34 PM
Blouder
Cruiser

Originally Posted by sharkey

Should be just under 600lbs come spring; still heavier than an FXR and without the FXR swingarm.

Imagine a 113 inch twin-cam FXR with all the diet stuff...expensive but WOW...

Everybody should live at least one dream.....
You mean like this.......He wants $16k for it.

Chopper guys frame, stock twin cam 88 with 1000 miles.... 6 speed TP trans one of a kind billet wheels matching rotors and pulley.... Super trapp exh, Fxdx front end works shocks.... Holeshot T-Bars.... Autometer gauges, HD primaries and clutch, will change anything cosmetic including any color paint and will put 95" kit in with 211 cams and adj push rods!! Everything powder coated black!!

Attached Thumbnails FXDX handling monster-fxr-twin-cam.jpg  
Old 11-17-2011, 03:23 PM
Redcad
Advanced

Originally Posted by Lennyone
The only way is to take 300 pounds off the bike. Then it mitt stop and handle better.

You mean I have to get off of it?

My stock FXDC handles pretty good, it's just ground clearance issues that bug me.

I'll be watching this thread closely, may be just a drop more height (and better dampers and spings) will help without screwing up the looks.

Old 11-17-2011, 03:40 PM
JohnC FXDX
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Blouder
You mean like this.......He wants $16k for it.

Chopper guys frame, stock twin cam 88 with 1000 miles.... 6 speed TP trans one of a kind billet wheels matching rotors and pulley.... Super trapp exh, Fxdx front end works shocks.... Holeshot T-Bars.... Autometer gauges, HD primaries and clutch, will change anything cosmetic including any color paint and will put 95" kit in with 211 cams and adj push rods!! Everything powder coated black!!
He would have been better off keeping the FXDX rear shocks and a using a different front end. Not that the works shocks aren't better, just that the FXDX forks are not as good as the shocks.

Old 11-17-2011, 03:42 PM
macnab_sf
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old 11-17-2011, 05:59 PM
Blouder
Cruiser

Originally Posted by macnab_sf

Thats what I'm talking about! That bike is insane!! I love it

Quick Reply: FXDX handling monster