Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rush Slip-Ons (think 2.0 Baffles) "Plug & Play" on 2010 FXDF?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 10:55 PM
Cyclenby
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Rush Slip-Ons (think 2.0 Baffles) "Plug & Play" on 2010 FXDF?

I apologize if this has been covered elsewhere but I worry that maybe I'll damage the bike... Purchased a used set of Rush slip-ons from the bay and installed on my 2010 FXDF tonight (no idea size baffles). First, WOW - WOW - WOW they sound great not too loud just right!!! I assume they have a 2.0 baffle because there is about a 2" pass through within center of the baffle. So, being this Dyna Fat Bob is computerized is it "Plug and Play" or do I need to do some tuner thing? It ran well tonight no backfire, plenty of power, and again the sound a nice deep rumble. Maybe I'll buy 1.75 baffle if the longer rides make my ears ring but for now I am only worried about will I damage something?

FYI, if you see exhaust listed on bay for $49 from user chromerunner take the chance - mine have no scratches at all, some sign of use inside pipe but seem to be great - I don't know how he sells them for this price with free shipping.

Old 04-29-2011, 07:07 AM
Cyclenby
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bump for response

Old 04-29-2011, 07:42 AM
jluvs2ride
Elite HDF Member
Location: Back in the Good Ole USA. South Carolina to be exact.
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

No, you won't damage anything.

Old 04-29-2011, 09:24 AM
SuperglideKen
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I had the same set on my superglide for 7000 miles and no problem. Just dont change the airfilter or you will need a fuel controler.

Old 04-29-2011, 11:16 AM
08StreetBobRob
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You won't hurt anything. I have big sucker II and 2" rush slipons with 9k on it with no problems.

Old 04-29-2011, 02:23 PM
srshaw
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by SuperglideKen
I had the same set on my superglide for 7000 miles and no problem. Just dont change the airfilter or you will need a fuel controler.
Plenty of folk will say that a fuel controller isn't essential on newer Harleys if both pipes and cleaner are changed.

You are definately safe just changing the silencers. I have the Rush slip ons on my Fat Bob and it runs fine.

Old 04-29-2011, 03:00 PM
artpe54
Tourer
Received 32 Likes on 10 Posts

If you have a 2007 or later model, you don't need a tuner. See the following info from Nightrider's web site:

Do I need to remap my ECM when installing exhaust and air cleaner upgrades to my 07 and later Harley?
NO, you do not have to do anything. You can put the mufflers/air cleaner upgrades and ride the bike without having to worry about the engine The simple truth is the 07 and later HD's will run just fine with exhaust/air cleaner upgrades and you do not have to do anything to the ECM at all. Closed loop EFI operation uses feedback from the O2 sensor to maintain a constant AFR, even if changes are made to the exhaust and air cleaner. The amount of information about what has to be done '07 and later Harley when installing exhaust/air cleaner upgrades has been the subject of FUD (Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt). Riders, Dealerships, Parts Suppliers and Aftermarket Shops have presented old-wives tales, bad technical information, mis-information and in some cases, just plain flat lied about the capabilities of the Delphi closed loop ECMs on these bikes. Most people hold on to their old ideas about what was required for the early EFI ECM's. Shops and Dealerships never bothered to learn new the new technology. Marketing information did nothing to dispel the differences between the old and new bikes. Sales staff did not know the difference or mis-represented what was required on the new bikes. There is more independent proof that you do not need to remap the HD EFI when installing mufflers. The March 2009 (page 66) CycleWorld dyno tested a set of slip-on mufflers on an '09 FLH, getting 5% more HP and 9% more torque on a "bone-stock, including EFI mapping" bike. Cycle World is not known as a big Harley cheerleader, so it would be a reasonable assumption that they are not going to do any special favors for MOCO. The CW information is right in line with what HD published in the Fall 2006 Enthusiast Magazine showing a 3% HP and 7% torque increase with slightly more restrictive mufflers and air cleaner kit. American Iron Magazine has also published similar articles about "no remap" upgrades involving exhaust/air cleaner changes. How much information has to be presented to Harley Riders that remapping of the ECM is not required for exhaust/air cleaner upgrades for closed loop bikes? When it can be shown that much of the "gain" in power for bikes remapped with expensive tuning software and piggyback controllers would have occurred without spending $400-$1000, riders need to start thinking about what they are really trying to accomplish on their bikes rather than blindly following the "you must remap just to add exhaust/ac" advice that has been discredited. American Iron Magazine routinely presents exhaust/air cleaner upgrades on 2007>later bikes without doing any ECM remap's. As one of the premier H-D magazines, you must assume their technical staff has some knowledge about how the Delphi closed loop ECM works. So you can be fairly sure that when AIM publishes a dyno sheet with improved power and the bike did not have an ECM remap, that the information is accurate.