Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I ordered a RWD front fender!

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2011, 07:03 PM
Tony P
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 350 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by The Dean
Hey Tony P, do you want to sell your old front fender? I really only need the mounting bracket.
I'm going to hold onto it for now. Appreciate the offer.

Old 04-26-2011, 10:49 PM
n2gzus
Road Captain
Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Ah, thanks PoppaE!
Oh yeah Trabuco, I remember reading something about that on another post. It looks killer! Good work

Old 04-30-2011, 04:26 PM
Tony P
Seasoned HDF Member

The fender is here. Now I need some advice on how to mount it. There's about an inch gap separating both sides of the fender from the forks. I assume spacers are used as opposed to welding a bracket. Pictures if you got 'em!

Old 04-30-2011, 09:29 PM
nevil
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,030 Likes on 770 Posts

Don't have any pics but I used 5/16" ID chrome spacers from bolt depot: http://www.boltdepot.com/dimension.a...4&cs=233&cm=76
I'm looking forward to seeing how it works out for you. I talked to someone at RWD a couple of weeks ago about a couple of 19" fenders and was told that they wouldn't work for my dyna. He said they were working on a fender for the dyna since most of their fenders were for softails and the mounting pattern was different.

Old 05-01-2011, 12:08 AM
Tony P
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by nevil
Don't have any pics but I used 5/16" ID chrome spacers from bolt depot: http://www.boltdepot.com/dimension.a...4&cs=233&cm=76
I'm looking forward to seeing how it works out for you. I talked to someone at RWD a couple of weeks ago about a couple of 19" fenders and was told that they wouldn't work for my dyna. He said they were working on a fender for the dyna since most of their fenders were for softails and the mounting pattern was different.
Well, that sucks... I figured since most softails don't run a 19" front wheel it would fit mine... I think I will give RWD a call Monday. Thanks for the response.

Old 05-01-2011, 05:56 AM
nevil
Seasoned HDF Member

Well, I don't know if it sucks or not but maybe we can clear this up. I'm running a Custom Chrome (not in my sig) that I was told by them would fit (it really doesn't). I want to get another fender but don't need to make a costly mistake. Let us know what they say.

Old 05-02-2011, 11:03 AM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

cut spacers from ace. redrill and pop that sucker on ther

Old 05-02-2011, 11:31 AM
Tony P
Seasoned HDF Member

I placed the call this morning to RWD and they told me the same thing, that a 19 " Super Glide/Street Bob fender would be available in a couple of weeks. Russ actually purchased a Dyna to develop the soon-to-be-released front fender. They didn't say how many different models they would create, but it it will be more than one. I will be returning my fender this week and waiting patiently for the new one...

Old 05-02-2011, 12:41 PM
nevil
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Tony P
I placed the call this morning to RWD and they told me the same thing, that a 19 " Super Glide/Street Bob fender would be available in a couple of weeks. Russ actually purchased a Dyna to develop the soon-to-be-released front fender. They didn't say how many different models they would create, but it it will be more than one. I will be returning my fender this week and waiting patiently for the new one...
That's what they told me so I guess I'll have to wait a while. At least you caught it in time so you could return the tin. Be sure to let us know when you get the new fender.

Old 05-02-2011, 02:16 PM
Tony P
Seasoned HDF Member

That's what they told me so I guess I'll have to wait a while. At least you caught it in time so you could return the tin. Be sure to let us know when you get the new fender.
Will do!

Quick Reply: I ordered a RWD front fender!