Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hillside 107" in the works

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2011, 09:22 AM
jpace024
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Hillside 107" in the works

So I dropped the scoot off to Scott and Craig at Hillside Cycle for a few upgrades. 107" BB, Wiseco pistons, Hillside stage 4 heads, HP inc 55/58mm throttlebody, bigger injectors, swapping out my Woods 7h for their 8-6 cams, VPC clutch. I will be without a ride for a couple weeks, but the weather here still sucks so I dont mind. Cant wait to ride it though, should be a monster.

Old 04-24-2011, 12:58 PM
SgtSlasher
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HE11 YEAH!!! A monster for sho!!! Brings a question to my mind though.... When you make the air pump that big, what do you have to do for the intake side of the motor to get the cams and heads to work well?

Old 04-24-2011, 06:52 PM
Los11
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jpace024
So I dropped the scoot off to Scott and Craig at Hillside Cycle for a few upgrades. 107" BB, Wiseco pistons, Hillside stage 4 heads, HP inc 55/58mm throttlebody, bigger injectors, swapping out my Woods 7h for their 8-6 cams, VPC clutch. I will be without a ride for a couple weeks, but the weather here still sucks so I dont mind. Cant wait to ride it though, should be a monster.
I saw your Sig you where making 95HP and 112TQ with what upgrades?

I just did that same build did it myself but used there Stage 4 heads, 107 kit, HPI 55mm TB, 5.3 gram injectors, I did the TW8 Cam, only things I added was a fueling oil pump and SE Roller Rockers which u dont need either but next time I want to go with the woods 9F cam. Anyway with my Rinehart Crossbacks which are duals like your Martin Bros pipe I made 110HP and 116TQ and that corrected the front wheel wont stay down. I was gonna do the VPC but ended up just doing a Barnett Scorpion Clutch little more money but well worth it..

Last edited by Los11; 04-24-2011 at 06:55 PM.
Old 04-24-2011, 07:23 PM
jpace024
Road Master

Originally Posted by Los11
I saw your Sig you where making 95HP and 112TQ with what upgrades?

I just did that same build did it myself but used there Stage 4 heads, 107 kit, HPI 55mm TB, 5.3 gram injectors, I did the TW8 Cam, only things I added was a fueling oil pump and SE Roller Rockers which u dont need either but next time I want to go with the woods 9F cam. Anyway with my Rinehart Crossbacks which are duals like your Martin Bros pipe I made 110HP and 116TQ and that corrected the front wheel wont stay down. I was gonna do the VPC but ended up just doing a Barnett Scorpion Clutch little more money but well worth it..

Those numbers were the stock 96" with a Woods 7H cam w/ 4 degree advance gear and I had a Rinehart 2 into 1, tuned by Joe's Cycle. Since I put the Martin Bros pipes on it feels like it lost a little. The 107" should make up for it though. With the right pipe I was told that build should make around 130/130, but like you I will leave some power on the table for the sake of a nice looking (imo) pipe. (Although if its too much I will be buying a fat cat)

Here's the dyno for what I had. It did have 112 torque, but as you can see it was short lived. New build should have a nice flat torque curve. If you got your sheet post it, I am interested to see it since we will have basically the same build. Nice ride by the way.

Attached Thumbnails Hillside 107" in the works-dyno1.jpg  
Old 04-24-2011, 08:01 PM
redrubicon2004
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

This is just my opinion, but 130/130 out of a 107" is gonna be really hard to get unless you have a big cam and lots of compression. What have you done to the bottom end of the motor? 120/120 is a problem waiting to happen on a stock bottom end.

This is just my 2 cents.

Old 04-24-2011, 08:39 PM
jpace024
Road Master

Originally Posted by redrubicon2004
This is just my opinion, but 130/130 out of a 107" is gonna be really hard to get unless you have a big cam and lots of compression. What have you done to the bottom end of the motor? 120/120 is a problem waiting to happen on a stock bottom end.

This is just my 2 cents.
I'm no expert by any means, thats just what I was told the build could make with the right pipe. I will probably end up in the range of Los11, which is fine by me, due to not using a 2 into 1 pipe. Scott at Hillside said they would check the crank for runout prior to the build, but if all is well welding and truing the crank isnt necessary. I believe he said the 88" was different. Check out Wood cams website for dyno charts using the 8 cam. I attached a dyno from one of their 107 builds, basically the same as mine.

Attached Thumbnails Hillside 107" in the works-107dyno.jpg  
Old 04-25-2011, 12:32 AM
Los11
Road Captain

Originally Posted by jpace024
I'm no expert by any means, thats just what I was told the build could make with the right pipe. I will probably end up in the range of Los11, which is fine by me, due to not using a 2 into 1 pipe. Scott at Hillside said they would check the crank for runout prior to the build, but if all is well welding and truing the crank isnt necessary. I believe he said the 88" was different. Check out Wood cams website for dyno charts using the 8 cam. I attached a dyno from one of their 107 builds, basically the same as mine.
Yeah man 130/130 is just not possible with any pipe I had a fat cat I just decided to go with the rineharts with the Fat Cat I wouldve probably seen 120TQ but no way 130.. Nothing against Hillside and Joes Cycle but they are throwing some numbers out there that are just not gonna happen which is what I meant before when you said you made 112TQ on just having a Woods 7 Cam on a stock motor I mean basically I just put those numbers up with 107 kit and Stage 4 heads and a bigger cam then you had so you know what I am saying about those happy numbers. And I am not talking **** or anything like that just saying and also who really cares about the numbers man it all ends up on the tune and when that power comes on. Good luck with your build bro let me know how you make out. I did a fueling oil pump have you thought about doing one?

Old 04-25-2011, 12:39 AM
Los11
Road Captain

Originally Posted by redrubicon2004

This is just my 2 cents.
Not saying that your wrong but everyone says that the stock crank will twist, blow etc etc but I havent seen one not one.. 120 split is more then fine on your stock crank being that your stock crank is in good shape and doesnt have execisive runout I mean I def checked my run out before I did my motor and also just because I did a Feuling Oil Pump and they recommend no more then .0025 runout to run there oil pump I had .0017 run out which is pretty low. If your gonna do anything smaller then a 110 you dont need to touch your crank unless like noted your run out is massive anyhting above that you need to machine cases anyway so why not and I also beleive that if your getting into the big numbers you def weld and tru your crank..

Old 05-27-2011, 09:40 PM
jpace024
Road Master

So I went out to Hillside to pick up the bike today. Took a little longer than expected, but between work and the rain here I didnt miss much riding. It's at Joe's Cycle now getting tuned. Should have it back by the weekend. Hopefully it puts up some nice numbers.

Old 05-28-2011, 12:14 AM
bigmikaele
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I was told by Star Racing I could expect around the 120's for HP/TQ after they do my build so believe anywhere between the 110's and 120's should be what you can expect. But I think you will be smiling every time you turn the throttle. Post your numbers when you get it back.

Quick Reply: Hillside 107" in the works