Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Street Bob rear fender cracking issue : solutions

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2011, 12:03 PM
HDHornet
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A bunch of us had the cracked fender replaced under warranty, I'm just waiting for mine to come in. I wouldn't mess with anything back there (reinforcement), if you do then they can say that your customization of the fender caused it to crack. There are guys on here that had HD replace the fender more than once.

Old 04-21-2011, 03:54 PM
cursedspirit
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well not sure what to exspect, but I have cracked my second fender on my 10 SB. I have a few other threads on here about it. I got a call from my dealer today were I bought the bike stating that HD called and wants my dealer to take picutres of my bike. I am taking it in Saturday and we will see what happens. Not sure if it from the phone call or letter i wrote to HD.

Old 09-05-2011, 07:57 PM
diamondave35
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well i just joined, i have a 2011 street bob with about 6k on it only a few months old and the rear fender is cracking all around the tail light assembly, the plate rattles now and sounds like utter sh^t when im riding,its embarrising, anyway took it to the dealer, they asked me if anyone backed into it, there is clearly no signs of any impact or scuffs or nothing, kinda bothered me they would even ask that, maybe cause i never thought of that, anyway they took pics and harley got back to them the next day to replace it under warrenty, i guess harley is more aware of it than my dealer, anyway part on order and also a isolation kit, or vibration kit, i foget what they called it, is that supposed to be the fix? just curious does anyone know if a softail style fender would fit, like the fat bob fender for example? any idea how it would look? i think it may look good, in fact i was going to do to my low rider but ended up selling it to get this, i asked my dealer and theyve never done it, claim theyve heard of it being done but made it sound like its a lot of work with different mounts and wiring, sounds like they dont want to even entertain the idea, im just curious if my new fender cracks again or even not i may want to do that other style someday, i didnt ask any other dealers around yet, or maybe even some other "custom" cycle shops, ideally if it ever cracks again it would be nice if harley just sent me the other fender or geve me credit to do it myself, for now im just going to have them replace the stock one but any thoughts on any of my ramblings?