Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Almost done in afghanistan..

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2011, 06:35 AM
kirk180
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Magnum's are made in the USA as well.

As far as license plate brackets go...I have a chrome HD laydown one I'm using right now. After hearing about another one (see link below) from Joe the powder pro I decided to get it and try it out. Hogrida's a forum member here that makes them. It's kind of a stripped down look, if you're into that. But if you want more bling/chrome and such, there's other options. This is like $25 and it keeps with the contour/lines of the fender. Emailed back and forth with Hogrida, and he stated that the stock taillight housing still lights the plate adequatly with this bracket.

http://hogrida.com/default.aspx

If you look in my gallery you can see what I mean about trying to get rid of that chrome bling plate holder and getting something that snugs the lines of the fender more.

Last edited by kirk180; 04-20-2011 at 06:41 AM.
Old 04-20-2011, 07:18 AM
TIPN8R
Stellar HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CBRAV0810
Vivid black 2011 FXDC arriving at the house this week.

Already picked up everything for my stage one kit..

Vance and Hines 2-2 Big Radius (Chrome)
RSD Venturi 5 AC
Waiting on a response from Jaimie at Fuel Moto for the PC5

Also picked up..
Black Contrast Cut Progressive 430s 12 in stock height
Kurakyn Trigger Levers
Willie G Derby Cover and valve stems for that bit of nostalgia
The LED Combo Speed/Tach thats fully customizable
Corbin Hollywood solo in black leather with high gloss carbon fiber side panels to go with the paint.

Gonna put drag bars on it, but i need to be home to take the measurements to get the proper pullback and rise, etc.

Anything else you all can think of whether cosmetic or functional that would help me out. Going for a good mix of chrome and black.

Is the security system worth it? I figure 2-4 big dudes with some blocks of wood could steal my bike if they wanted too and stick it in the back of a truck...etc.

Thanks to DHP and Zannoti's for all the savings.
Sounds like you have it all worked out!

THANK YOU for all your service and sacrifices to our country!

Old 04-20-2011, 09:23 AM
rjsimmons
Road Captain
Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by CBRAV0810
Thanks for the kind words. You all don't think im too short for forwards? Best thing i can think to do is put highway pegs up front to see if i even like the feeling before committing to that. Its one of the reasons i went with the custom instead of the wide glide..that and the front tire.

On a positive note just got emails from Corbin and Fuel Moto, stuffs on its way.

I will be taking delivery in GA man. Im short timing it after this deployment so there is no point in letting TMO put their grubby hands on it. Scratched the **** outa my SUV on the way over here. Glad i took pictures.

Thanks again folks.
Semper Fi, Corporal. I should be headed out that way this summer for MEF training.

I am 70" and have forwards on my WG which are quite comfortable. You should not have any issue either but you will have to assess that upon your return. Kuryakyn Iso grips are fantastic, got a pair and they are exceptionally nice on your hands. Barnett cables are also a +1, recommended.

Protect your Marines and they will protect you.

s.f
rj

Old 04-20-2011, 10:56 AM
Nick_N
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for your service n good luck with your new bike man

Old 04-21-2011, 06:42 AM
CBRAV0810
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone have a solid suggestion on a jack that works well for motorcycles? Price ranges etc? Thanks for all the previous help folks.