Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Almost done in afghanistan..

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2011, 11:40 AM
SouthpawHD
Extreme HDF Member
Received 73 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by CBRAV0810
If we could just get the career politicians off of capital hill we might have a chance of fixing this ole lady yet.
Amen to that!

Thank you for your service! When I start my bike next time and hear the rumble, it will remind me that I'm free to ride because of people like you!

Godspeed.

Old 04-19-2011, 11:45 AM
BuffaloRider
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for your service, I did eight years myself and my daughter is there now serving. +1 on the forward controls

Old 04-19-2011, 11:50 AM
CBRAV0810
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the kind words. You all don't think im too short for forwards? Best thing i can think to do is put highway pegs up front to see if i even like the feeling before committing to that. Its one of the reasons i went with the custom instead of the wide glide..that and the front tire.

On a positive note just got emails from Corbin and Fuel Moto, stuffs on its way.

I will be taking delivery in GA man. Im short timing it after this deployment so there is no point in letting TMO put their grubby hands on it. Scratched the **** outa my SUV on the way over here. Glad i took pictures.

Thanks again folks.

Old 04-19-2011, 12:05 PM
South Jersey Scooter Trash
Road Captain

I can't wait to see this bike!

Old 04-19-2011, 07:22 PM
CBRAV0810
Cruiser

I cant either WG11 im in afghanistan. Worked the dealer over the internet for 12,700 OTD sales tax included and a cover. Had pops go down and make the deal for me. Its a 2011 so it cant be ****ed up, 2 year warranty if is..so im not worried. My bike and many boxes of parts are all gonna be waiting on me in the garage to mess with when i get home.

Does anyone have any suggestions on cables, brands, etc.

Thanks for the advice folks.

Old 04-19-2011, 08:26 PM
Nashville
Tourer

Dude, that's going to be a sweet project waiting when you come home.
Thanks for your service. Now get home and enjoy that thing!

Old 04-19-2011, 08:46 PM
kirk180
Tourer

I'll chime in. First and foremost, thanks for serving...stay safe. I's in Shield/Storm. Anyway, just wanted to give you a couple of options to look into on what you asked. Do with them what you will. They're both well known great products.

Does anyone have any suggestions on cables, brands, etc.

Cables: Black Pearl or Chromite. Magnum makes a good one! I went with the Chromite II.

http://www.magnumshielding.com/index.php

I will get grips when i do the bars, if anyone has any suggestions im open to them...
Grips: Avon Grips. Similar material to PM, but at a more affordable cost. A little cheaper than the new HD Get-a-Grip cables too. Yet they're a quality, made in the USA, grip. I have the Chrome custom contours on my FXDC. The black grip with the aluminum billet/chrome ends tie in nice with a vivid black fxdc...since you said you're looking to go black and chrome. You can see how they look in my gallery if you'd like. We have the same whip. The grips are also more along the size diamater wise of the bars and not oversized. So the contours follow the bars lines nicely, and feel better than any grip I've ever owned. You can get matching foot controls and pegs if you'd like.

http://avongrips.com/shop/categories...sports/V-Twin/

Last edited by kirk180; 04-19-2011 at 08:54 PM.
Old 04-19-2011, 09:02 PM
maccid
Cruiser
Default Congrats

Congrats on the bike......I got my 2010 FXDC while deployed last year and it is a good feeling to come home to a brand new bike. I have done many a deployments and sure that I have a couple more before I retire. However there is no feeling in the world quite like coming home to a new bike......Congrats again and keep yourself focused on the light at the end of the tunnel.....

Old 04-20-2011, 04:15 AM
CBRAV0810
Cruiser

Once again you all are very kind. Your right though Maccid, i'm just keeping my squad and myself focused through this last bit or so. I don't need complacency sneaking in and biting anyone in the ***. I must say, im extremely ready to get home. Gonna be a great day.

Kirk thank you for the answers and suggestions on the cables and grips. I will definitly look into it.

Has anyone heard good things about the kuryakyn iso grips/pegs/etc? Just wondered how good any of the manufacturers were with actually reducing the vibration etc.

Where does the HD quick detach sissy bar mount up? Is a rear turn signal relocation kit needed? I bought the one that tucks them in an inch..not one that relocates them to the license plate. With that being said..who has a nice low profile license plate they are happy with. I like the side mounts but figure i'll eventually put bags on and it would be in the way. Thanks for your time.

Brett Ruholt
(Cpl Ruholt 2/3 2nd PLT/0311, Helmand Province.............for those that dig the particulars)

I'm extrem

Old 04-20-2011, 06:09 AM
formike56
Club Member

Thank you for your service.

Buy Barnett cables. They are made in the USA. Best cables on the market.

Quick Reply: Almost done in afghanistan..