Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New to Chaps

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2006 | 10:38 PM
puddles13
Outstanding HDF Member
Default RE: New to Chaps

ORIGINAL: Dynablue2

I Chaps are individually made from what I've found and sizes are all over the place so I would highly reccomend trying before buying. Also there are some really nice Cordura Chaps out there that are cheaper if you like the look. Riding season is going fast up here and these will get me a few more days.

Not all chaps are 'individually made. When doing mass quantitys there is small, med, large etc..... Now there are differences in what are those sizes! *try being a woman getting a HD shirt!!!*

Caspers takes your measurements and makes them to fit. At the time I got mine I weighed approx 50+lbs more than I do now. I had a difficult time getting chaps that felt comfortable due to my size and build. Caspers made them to fit, which they did perfect........until I lost another 35 lbs. Had the legs taken in - zippers moved and they were great. Down another 30+ (total of almost 90 lbs lost so far) and it is the tummy that fits really funny, need to have the waist redone (on my last eye on the belt and have the back all tied up as close as I can). When I stand up the legs fall down.... LOL Zippers need to come in a bit more too.

Old 10-22-2006 | 10:56 PM
16over
Road Master

Chaps are great. Who gives a sh*t about how they look. If your riding in colder temps they help keep you warm and that is all that matters. For those that care aobut how the look, buy a Goldwing and heated gear. Not to offend anyone, just my opinion.

Old 10-23-2006 | 12:12 AM
dlstanf2
Road Master

I got a set of chaps at the Myrtle Beach spring rally. ~$85 - $95. However, I was trying to save money and not sure I would like to have a pair. I also have a Vest and Leather Jacket, both Harley brands. I will be getting a set of the Harley chaps. Why? QUALITY. I taking my cheap pair in for repair tomorrow. Zipper busted while at Myrtle Beach fall rally. A friend of mine found a pair of Harley chaps on sale at half price. Harley puts a lot of thought into its products. While they are more expensive, some HD dealers do put them on sale from time to time. Look for liners in the chaps; keeps your pants from riding up and out. You'll also want a pocket, minimum, for a place to keep your keys. Almost impossible to get to your front jean pockets with the chaps on. Have someone fit them to you. You'll want to make sure they don't "highwater". Choose a size to fit your leg, not your waist. Maybe loose enough for a hand to slip into the top flat against your leg. They make extenders to adjust for your waist. Although there are some that waist fit. Remember, fringe is for girls.

Old 10-23-2006 | 10:29 AM
KeithB
Big Kahuna HDF Member

i guess it is usally true "you get what you pay for"

Old 10-23-2006 | 11:56 AM
WdGldDave
Road Captain

I picked up a very good pair of chaps from a Wilson's Leather outlet store for about $90. My wife has a pair by HD. I examined hers before purchasing mine. If you don't want to pay the HD price it is probably a good idea to at least check them out so you know what you are getting for your money.

Old 10-23-2006 | 11:59 AM
zippo201
Cruiser

I bought my first pair last winter from Fox Creek Leathers http://www.foxcreekleather.com/111.html. The coldest I will ride is the upper 30's and they work great combined with thermal underwear. Great quality leather and they have a lifetime guarantee. You get what you pay for. I would be wary of the $99 chaps. I was looking at some at the various vendors at Biketoberfest this weekend and they were really thin. I think they were more for "looks" than function. Now if I could only find a decent pair of winter gloves...I think I'm going to have to go for the heated grips.

Old 10-23-2006 | 12:28 PM
CSI
Ultimate HDF Member

I found a pair of chaps on www.leathertech.com . It would appear to me, that they are the same ones that both bransonwholesale and biker-apparel.com sell, but at a lower price. Maybe leathertech is the supplier to the other two? Don't know, but they appear to me to be alright.

Same item thru Biker-apparel

and thru bransonwholesale

Old 10-25-2006 | 09:16 PM
LOWTOW
Road Captain

I got mine at FoxCreek also. Great for cold weather riding and good for stopping road spray after a rain.

Old 10-25-2006 | 09:49 PM
hep0950
Tourer

I got mine at leatherup.com. They were $119.00 on sale for $109.00. They send you a coupon for 10% off future orders. The chaps have a removeable lining and the quality is very good. I also got my leather jacket from them. That was $99.00 on sale for $89.00, and was surprised of the quality of the jacket also.

Old 10-25-2006 | 10:28 PM
Roadrider18
Tourer

FoxCreek......never have to worry ever again about your leather! You get what you pay for! Our rides are USA Made which cost more than overseas rockets....you want inexpensive foreign leather (unless it's HD red flag land leather, then it's more $$$)? COLD is relative to what waits for you at the end of the ride!

Quick Reply: New to Chaps