Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New to Chaps

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2006 | 12:56 PM
DougsDyna
Banned
Default RE: New to Chaps

ORIGINAL: mikeurig

Real bikes have a kick start and open belt primary.

Never thought of the YMCA crowd and don't give a hoot about how I look in them except after riding in the ain and it looks like you've wet yourself, lol
mikeurig,
That's funny, when I pee myself with my chaps on, I just figure folks will think I got caught in the rain.

Of course that's why they make rainsuits...... I usually put my rainsuit on over my chaps after I get caught in the rain, to keep me warm.

Old 10-22-2006 | 01:04 PM
lolife
Road Warrior

not I................................................. .................................................. ...[sm=escape.gif]

Old 10-22-2006 | 01:08 PM
carltex
Road Warrior

Don't have any yet but am going to get some. Rode home from work at 38 deg, insulated leather coat was great but jeans weren't. My only concern is your package is still exposed to the cold. What do you do wear two pairs of shorts? Just a suggestion but as far as the peeing thing try Depends.[sm=insomnia.gif]

Old 10-22-2006 | 02:06 PM
stubby
Road Captain

Agree. This is first year with chaps and find them riding comfortable.

Old 10-22-2006 | 02:11 PM
insnedrmr
Advanced

I got my chaps off of leatherup.com for 50 bucks, and i also got a jacket for 50 too. Both are great quality, be sure when you are ordering chaps to order a size up so they fit over your pants. My jacket I ordered a size too small, but ill take care of that.

Old 10-22-2006 | 07:27 PM
TampaJim
Road Master

I wear Firstgear textile overpants. Avoids the YMCA problem, are waterproof, have protective armor, and are as easy to get on and off as chaps. They also roll into a pretty small package for storage.

They came with a removable insulated liner which I have never needed here in Florida. If it ever gets down to the 30's , I might give them a try.

Old 10-22-2006 | 07:38 PM
AZ Rider
Road Warrior

Mike,

I like your battery cover. Nice.

Old 10-22-2006 | 07:41 PM
DougsDyna
Banned

ORIGINAL: carltex

Don't have any yet but am going to get some. Rode home from work at 38 deg, insulated leather coat was great but jeans weren't. My only concern is your package is still exposed to the cold. What do you do wear two pairs of shorts? Just a suggestion but as far as the peeing thing try Depends.[sm=insomnia.gif]
Chaps are more for safety, like when you slide down the road behind your bike at 50 mph (done this before). They do also provide a lot of comfort when in the elements. Nothing like leather, if you ever go down.

In the rain, I put rain pants over my chaps.

In cold weather, always wear some nice longjohns.

I like your Depends idea, would help a lot in the colder temps, too! LOL

DougJ

Old 10-22-2006 | 09:54 PM
puddles13
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: RonnR

I just rode from Springfield, Mo. into Wellington, Ks. this morning 38%.. Burrrrrr .. couldn't have made it with out them.. Not like Houston weather..

No kidding!

I rode from Houston to Fort Hood Friday night. Said my thanks you's for leather chaps for more than 1/2 the trip! Temps got in the low 50's upper 40's.

I had my chaps custom made over 10 years ago. The woman who did them was working out of her home at the time. She has now expanded her business and is still going strong!!

She's taken them in for me when I lost weight - and I am going to have to send them to her again to have them resized as they are hanging funny from the additional weight I have lost.

She is really economical when you see the quality of the work. I had mine done in heavy weight as I was living in Minnesota at the time and used them to extend my riding time.

I will also say that I loaned them to a friend of mine who got in a wreck. She broke her first 5 ribs and had a lung contusion. Not a scratch on her legs and a few skid marks on the chaps (NO, not the brown kind, that was left on the chaps anyways!)

Here is the link http://www.caspersleather.net/

If you talk to her let her know puddles sent you.

Old 10-22-2006 | 10:09 PM
Dynablue2
Advanced

I bought a pair of leather chaps at the Drop Zone in Amherst, MA about a month back. Black leather with snaps from the calves down and heavy zippers from the snaps to the top. They even have slash pockets on each side and a zippered pocket too. The inside is lined so they go on an off easy. I looked at many at the stealers and shows before buying these. Chaps are individually made from what I've found and sizes are all over the place so I would highly reccomend trying before buying. Also there are some really nice Cordura Chaps out there that are cheaper if you like the look. Riding season is going fast up here and these will get me a few more days.

Quick Reply: New to Chaps