Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Throttle cruise assist?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2011, 09:30 AM
Just Don
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HemiOrange
Give the folks a call at customized cycles. They are very helpful and state on their site to call with other needs. The softail version mounts just above the frame behind the inner rear fender. I installed it myself without too much difficulty. I think their system would work if you can find a place to mount it. Keep us posted if you make the call.

Old 04-18-2011, 09:32 AM
reclaimer53
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Crampbuster

I love my cramp buster. I can't ride with out it.

Old 04-18-2011, 10:56 AM
Sharknose
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

www.throttlerocker.com . 10 bucks and you're good to go. I've been using them for 15 years. Just make sure you position it so that you can roll the throttle completely off without letting go of the grip.

Old 04-18-2011, 11:07 AM
skygoddess
Intermediate

Thanks for the replies everyone. I just bought the Kuryakyn Iso-Grips with the throttle boss so I will be able to rest my hand a bit but I still want some cruise control. Has anyone tried the Breakaway?

Old 04-18-2011, 11:36 PM
HemiOrange
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Just Don
HemiOrange
Give the folks a call at customized cycles. They are very helpful and state on their site to call with other needs. The softail version mounts just above the frame behind the inner rear fender. I installed it myself without too much difficulty. I think their system would work if you can find a place to mount it. Keep us posted if you make the call.
Thanks for the reply. What model did you mount it on? You say you used the softail version, but did you mount it on a softail or a Dyna?

I thought that maybe the Dynas didn't have the electronics needed for a cruise control or for sure someone would be advertising for our business.

Old 04-19-2011, 10:51 PM
Just Don
Cruiser

HemiOrange

They advertise for softail, and I installed it on one. My 05 Heritage Classic. I'm not sure on the Dyna. Although Harley doesn't offer it on the softail, my odometer was preset up for it because it has an indicator light that shines red and green depending on if it is engaged or not. I did not expect that. As I said previously, the best thing to do would be to call the manufacturer. Incidentally, all components, controls etc. were HD. I think it's the wiring and cables that they provide that are custom.

Old 04-20-2011, 12:49 AM
Andjh123
Tourer

Originally Posted by Sharknose
www.throttlerocker.com . 10 bucks and you're good to go. I've been using them for 15 years. Just make sure you position it so that you can roll the throttle completely off without letting go of the grip.
+1 to this in terms of value and simplicity. For longer trips just position it higher up so that your hand/palm is a natural position at normal highway speeds and, unless you cruise at excessively high speeds, this will still allow you to come off the throttle without having to let go of the grip--you'll just have to roll your wrist a little further forward which you'll get used to quickly.