Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Worst Shop In Nassau Countl Long Island

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 05:48 PM
apehanger65
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by y2kflhr
sorry to hear all this, gerard used to be a stand up guy and they did decent work, again that was back in the 90's, I haven't had dealings with them since, the guys who did my jugs and heads seem like a good clean shop, hell bent cycles in deer park, I only found them because they moved in around the block from my work.
I know the guys at HELLBENT they are good

Old 04-13-2011, 05:49 PM
TORQUEY
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 175 Likes on 127 Posts

Thanks for the heads up. They will be avoided at all costs. In the meantime, I'd call the BBB just for starters.

Old 04-13-2011, 05:53 PM
MikeSki
Intermediate

sorry to hear all this, gerard used to be a stand up guy and they did decent work, again that was back in the 90's, I haven't had dealings with them since, the guys who did my jugs and heads seem like a good clean shop, hell bent cycles in deer park, I only found them because they moved in around the block from my work.
i must say that when i first delt with that guy i thought he was great. i told him i was doing my cam myself and he didn't give me that " YOU SHOULD JUST LET US DO IT" THING.....he took alot of time and explained everything that i would encounter......seemed like a great guy until he robbed me without a mask. they would be alot better off not working on bikes over there and just selling parts....the mechanics have attitudes too. meanwhile i think my 13 year old nephew could have put the carb together better than them.

Old 04-13-2011, 05:59 PM
MikeSki
Intermediate

Originally Posted by leche67
thanks for the heads up,,good luck hope all works out,i live in westbury and heard about that place,
No problem man.....we should all do this if we have a bad experience.....they think they got us by the ***** but they don't......word of mouth is a motherfu^%er. it could make or break a business. i know he has been around a while but every dog has his day.

Old 04-13-2011, 06:19 PM
apehanger65
Tourer

Originally Posted by MikeSki
i am the same as you when it comes to trusting anyone with my bike.....my big problem is that i dont f with carbs....AT ALL....lol never had a good run in with a carb and came out a winner. i thought i was doing the tight thing by bringing it to the "PROS" i thought they would be good cause they have been around since 1981....but now, i wouldn't let their mechanics put air in my tires...they should be fired and the shop should be shut down. who does your work on L.I?
The last person to work on my bike was Andrew Rosa at Rosa"s cycle in Huntington , he rebiult my 90 softail last April . He has a great reputation he has done many projects for various magazines in the past , has been written about in many magazines over the years , he used to dragrace and at one time held the record for the fastest shovel. He is not cheap , he is fair ......but you get what you pay for. I know a few of the guys at hellbent too. Vern is a good wrench he was working at North Shore cycles not sure if he is still there

Old 04-13-2011, 06:32 PM
MikeSki
Intermediate

Originally Posted by annapolisfatbob
sorry man i feel your pain. and people wonder why people go around shooting other people! FTW
i would like to thank everyone for their support but i must say that this is my favorite reply.....lol but i say FRT (FU*& ROLLING THUNDER)

Old 04-13-2011, 10:14 PM
howitzer88
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

What a nightmare for you. My sympathies. I grew up in Nassau Cty and I will NEVER give them any of my business. What goes around, comes around.

Old 04-14-2011, 10:51 AM
SC-Longhair
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

WOW!

One thing I have found very useful is the BBB (better business bureau) website, where you can file complaints. I've used it effectively against at least one company. I've only had to do this once in my life and had the President of the company call me personally within 30min of complaint submittal. It wasn't a motorcycle related business. Chain storage facility.

Old 04-14-2011, 11:29 AM
pbilt48
Intermediate

Is Dudleys still there in C.I. He was on the north side of suffolk ave about 1/2 mile east of islip ave. Used to drink with him at the mona mei,back in the 80's when i lived out there.

Old 04-14-2011, 12:13 PM
FYMP7
Tourer

Hellbent does great work ask for Pete or Chris.

Quick Reply: Worst Shop In Nassau Countl Long Island