Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tail light

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2011, 05:58 PM
vindyl
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tail light

I been having a problem with my tail light and rear sigs. I know have it to the point I have no tail light and when I hit the left sig the tail light flashes. I did have 4 ways when I hit the sigs but I think I stopped that. Is the tail light flashin because I need a new bulb?

Old 04-12-2011, 06:28 PM
bobnehoc
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

There is a wire harness that runs under the rear fender. It is held in by clips and sometimes the wire harness pops out and rubs against the rear tire. This might be what has happened to you causing the wires to short. Check the wire harness first is it is a quick and easy thing to do....

Old 04-12-2011, 06:48 PM
Screw it Let's Ride
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Make sure you put in the Dielectric Grease if you do not then your lights will not work properly. I changed my tail light to LED on 08 DWG and did not put in the grease, well lights would not work properly, so took it apart put in the grease and voila works perfectly.

Old 04-16-2011, 07:14 AM
vindyl
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It was the harness under the seat. But we had that glued and taped (with fsk tape) But the very front where it goes through the fender came loose since there was no tape on that spot and what a mess. Didn't take long to fix just took a while to see that the mess was all the way on the front side of the fender. So removed it sodered it and reinstalled it and it won't be an issue anymore.

Old 04-16-2011, 07:29 AM
8541hog
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Screw it Let's Ride
Make sure you put in the Dielectric Grease if you do not then your lights will not work properly. I changed my tail light to LED on 08 DWG and did not put in the grease, well lights would not work properly, so took it apart put in the grease and voila works perfectly.
Ummm...The grease didn't fix the problem, it cannot. You did not have good contact and when you greased it you fixed the contact problem inadvertently.
Grease is not a cure-all for electrical problems, it is simply to keep moisture out of contacts. Personally I have never used it on any of my bikes, you should not need to if you have good solid connections.