Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pulled the windshield, Much Better!

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2011, 03:30 PM
oestek
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Pulled the windshield, Much Better!

Picked up an '09 Fat Bob with an HD clip-on windshield. First ride I couldn't even see with all the buffetting. Brutal. Pulled it for ride 2, and man is this thing smooth! Love it. What a releif!

Old 04-10-2011, 05:10 PM
sm0kediver
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It's weird how different people have totally different experiences with windshields. I love mine, it seems to make highway speeds so much more tolerable. Other people hate their windshields. Whatever works I guess.

Old 04-10-2011, 05:13 PM
bob moore
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have an HD windscreen on my '98 Wide Glide. Was getting alot of buffeting. Put some Memphis Shades lowers on. Better, but need to fine tune them a little.
Good product.

Old 04-10-2011, 05:58 PM
stilup
Road Warrior
Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

Nothing beats wind in your face.

Old 04-10-2011, 06:21 PM
O.F.
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

No question the wind hits you differently. I use mine on the highway to protect me from bugs, road crap, rain or anything else that's airborne. Fair trade here in NE IMO.

Edit - Crossed paths with a wild turkey just today!!! Damned thing FLEW out in front of me.

Last edited by O.F.; 04-10-2011 at 06:27 PM.
Old 04-10-2011, 08:58 PM
Baeseman1
Elite HDF Member
Received 99 Likes on 78 Posts

I tried a shield for a 9 day trip (4,152 miles) - but took it off for good when I got home.
My brother said he can't use his shield unless he also installs the lower deflectors. Then he's good to go.

Old 04-10-2011, 09:10 PM
bigdaddy33
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I prefer to ride without the windshield, but do use it in real cold weather or on long highway rides. Never had an issue with buffeting.

Old 04-10-2011, 09:28 PM
rjsimmons
Road Captain
Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Took my shield off for the first time today and within 1/2 mile of the house I was beset by a six-legged demon that left its claw marks in my cheek. An hours ride netted me at least 10 bugs and about as many rocks from cagers.

The shield goes back on for tomorrows ride to work...

Old 04-10-2011, 09:31 PM
lo-rider
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

The top of my HD q/r w/s is well below my line of sight, so never interferes w/ visibility. It takes ALL the wind pressure off my torso, and greatly removes strain from my arms and hands. Also it creates an immensely handy space, forward of the bars, for storing stuff: fleece pull-over, water bottle,... It has kept me from being hit by numerous flying objects and keeps the motor much cleaner.

With a strong, gusty wind, coming from a certain direction, I sometimes get buffeting, sometimes passing semi's. One thing these require is a light-shield to eliminate back-reflections from the headlight. I think those who have trouble w/ these might not have it positioned correctly for their bars or height. Perhaps some HD models work better w/ an after-market brand, but I am very happy to always ride w/ mine.

Attached Thumbnails Pulled the windshield, Much Better!-lk-isabella-2crn.jpg  
Old 04-10-2011, 09:36 PM
OkieRoadWarrior66
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I only take mine off so I can ride in town because the visibility is better for me. I can't ride at highway speeds without the windshield, it wears me out and takes the enjoyment out of the ride.

Quick Reply: Pulled the windshield, Much Better!