Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My new 2011 Wide Glide..new pipes, help?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2011, 11:29 PM
bryno07
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My new 2011 Wide Glide..new pipes, help?

Hey guys,

Just bought a new 2011 Wide Glide 2 days ago. I dont know a whole lot about bikes but I sure as hell want too. I had a sportster a while back and got rid of it, this would be my 2nd bike. Took it out today and put on about 100 miles before a storm hit my area.

I am planning on getting some new pipes put on my bike but was hoping to get some input from you guys before I did. I am looking at getting Vance and Hines Big Shot pipes. I want my pipes to be loud but not that over bearing annoying loud. Kinda felt like a moron cruisin on a nice Harley but sounding like a damn moped.

I am also thinking about doing chrome pipes but am weighing the option of the flat black pipes. I really like the look of the completely blacked out bikes, they look badass. I am trying to figure out the cost if I were to completely black out the bike. Also is that flat black on the pipes hard to clean vs the chrome?

Appreciate any help!
Thanks alot!

-Greg

Attached Thumbnails My new 2011 Wide Glide..new pipes, help?-wideglide2.jpg   My new 2011 Wide Glide..new pipes, help?-wideglide1.jpg  
Old 04-09-2011, 11:41 PM
JaronB
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

If you are patient you may find a set in the classified section labeled Dyna parts. I've bought and sold plenty of parts there with no issues. You've missed a coupe sets of big shots in the last couple weeks. There are some V&H shortshots on there right now.

Old 04-09-2011, 11:43 PM
JaronB
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Oh and welcome and here's a link to the classifieds

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-.../?daysprune=14

Old 04-09-2011, 11:44 PM
transam7969
Road Master

Can't go wrong with VH. I like my short shots and love the black. No its not hard to clean at all. I really don't like Chrome all that much.

Old 04-09-2011, 11:52 PM
BoxOfCohibas
Advanced
Default Big Shot

I just put Big Shots on my 2010 WIde Glide. Also did the Screaming Eagle Heavy Breather, and a Zippers THunderMax Autotuner at the same time. Auto tuner is awesome. Watch it n YouTube.

Old 04-10-2011, 12:02 AM
bryno07
Novice

Checked out those shorts, they look sweet. I am really leaning toward the black. If I go with the black then I will slowly start changing over everything. Another question, I was thinking about getting some new handle bars, mini apes or z apes. If I want black is that possible? If it is, is it possible to get all the wires run through the bars so you dont see any?

Old 04-10-2011, 12:34 AM
transam7969
Road Master

Lol dude you can pretty much get anything for your bike in black and yes you can get internally wired bars just like your stockers.

Old 04-10-2011, 12:59 AM
keogh
Intermediate

i have started blackening out my 2011 wide glide, started with all the edge cut billet stuff, did the rockers, exhaust, heavy breather, yeah it will be expensive but in my opinion when blacked out they look even better than the night train. im about to remove the triple trees and the lower forks to get them powder coated.

Old 04-10-2011, 07:19 AM
South Jersey Scooter Trash
Road Captain

Hey Greg I see we have the same taste,had the same problem I settled for the V&H black short shots,loud but not over whelming. LOL.

Old 04-10-2011, 09:30 AM
'10 Wide Glide
Tourer

Originally Posted by bryno07
Hey guys,

Just bought a new 2011 Wide Glide 2 days ago. I dont know a whole lot about bikes but I sure as hell want too. I had a sportster a while back and got rid of it, this would be my 2nd bike. Took it out today and put on about 100 miles before a storm hit my area.

I am planning on getting some new pipes put on my bike but was hoping to get some input from you guys before I did. I am looking at getting Vance and Hines Big Shot pipes. I want my pipes to be loud but not that over bearing annoying loud. Kinda felt like a moron cruisin on a nice Harley but sounding like a damn moped.

I am also thinking about doing chrome pipes but am weighing the option of the flat black pipes. I really like the look of the completely blacked out bikes, they look badass. I am trying to figure out the cost if I were to completely black out the bike. Also is that flat black on the pipes hard to clean vs the chrome?

Appreciate any help!
Thanks alot!

-Greg
Nice choice on the bike but if you are planning on blacking out the bike why didn't you go with the vivid black???

It is your bike you do what you want to do with it being it is your bike but personally I like the mix of black & chrome myself

Quick Reply: My new 2011 Wide Glide..new pipes, help?