Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My new 2011 Wide Glide..new pipes, help?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2011, 10:10 AM
mang0
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I like my big shots, definitely turn a lot of heads, getlots of compliments, set off car alarms. Sometimes they are too loud for me. Also consider you wil need some type of tuner. Rush slip ons have gotten some good reviews. Just my two cents

Old 04-10-2011, 10:11 AM
retxpres
Road Captain
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

This is my 5th harley, and I now own three. Be patient, break the bike in, look and see other WG's then get the pipes you want. There is nothing worst than buying pipes and then deciding you do not like them...My bike is still pretty much stock.

Last edited by retxpres; 05-08-2011 at 05:43 AM.
Old 04-10-2011, 12:37 PM
W G Junkie
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great choice in bikes! Take time to get to know it. Your bike and gut will tell you what to as far as mods go. I'm not a big fan of Chrome, nor "blacking out" but that's the beauty of it, with time and effort it will absorb your personality.

Old 04-13-2011, 11:59 PM
BubbleGutZ
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have bassani pro-streets on mine, and love the way they sound. Dont really know how well the v&h sounds up close just here them screaming by. And they sound awesome, but i would still pick my bassani's. If i had to do it again cuz i like to be different, And for black bars check out road 6 customs good price. Just intstalled them on my bike and looks sweet.

Old 04-14-2011, 07:00 AM
WIDERGLIDER
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the Big Radius 2-into-1 black. Love the look of it, and the sound too!

Old 04-14-2011, 08:46 AM
skinless
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WIDERGLIDER
I have the Big Radius 2-into-1 black. Love the look of it, and the sound too!
I like those pipes

Old 04-14-2011, 09:51 AM
SuperglideKen
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey Greg, nice bike. Take your time and get it right the first time. I had a set of Big shots in Black and sold them for these Chrome side shots. Now I wish I had the Black Big shots back. To me the Big shots sound just right, these side shots are on the loud side. You going to love it when you finaly get to ride it sounding like a harley should.

Old 04-14-2011, 11:01 AM
jack0890
Advanced
Talking 2011 Wide Glide pipes

Good advice on here. go ahead and break the bike in before changing anything. I waited til my 1000 mile service before I changed mine. Got a pair of black short shots staggered from a guy in Dallas off of craigslist for $200.00. One minute scratch on the bottom and you can't even see it unless you get down and look. Hard to see even then. They'll tell you with the instructions but if you install em yourself, make sure you wipe all the oil from your hands off the heat shields before you start it up. Supposedly it will bake the oil onto the shield and you won't be able to get it off then. I didn't take the chance. Soap and water will get it done. I like the short shots. Just loud enough without being obnoxious...IMO. Good riding and I know you will love the bike.

Old 04-15-2011, 04:01 PM
UJUSTLOST
Advanced

I too recently picked up a 2011 Wide Glide. I was told by the dealer if I changed exhaust, intake, tune, etc that I would void the warranty. I also purchased the extended warranty and would hate to void it. Any input? I would like to customize my bike but I spent all that cash for the extended warranty. Thoughts?

Old 04-15-2011, 05:58 PM
Robotech
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by UJUSTLOST
I too recently picked up a 2011 Wide Glide. I was told by the dealer if I changed exhaust, intake, tune, etc that I would void the warranty. I also purchased the extended warranty and would hate to void it. Any input? I would like to customize my bike but I spent all that cash for the extended warranty. Thoughts?
General rule regarding voiding manufacturer's warranty, they have to PROVE that the change you made CAUSED the failure.

Now, if you're using the SE download, SE intake and SE Slip ons, I'd REALLY like to see them try and void the warranty. LOL Even with an aftermarket intake and pipes you can go with the SE tune and they'd still be hard pressed to prove it cause a major engine failure.

Keep in mind too that this means if you change those things out and say you have a Wheel crack or something go wrong in the electrical that isn't connected to those modifications they can, in no way, say the modifications cause the problem.

Dealers like to say this for two reasons. One, if you buy any "upgrades" you feel like you need to do it through them. Two, if something does go wrong consumers are less likely to fight for a warranty claim because they knew beforehand that making modifications like this would "void the warranty".

Quick Reply: My new 2011 Wide Glide..new pipes, help?