Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bub Lakester 2 into 1 Questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2011, 05:59 PM
grog_lives
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bub Lakester 2 into 1 Questions

In my endeavor for an exhaust I seem to be leaning towards the Bub Lakester 2 into 1 if I go the full exhaust route. With that said I have questions.

In the event one would want to tone the sound of them down, I notice they have quiet baffles you can get. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with the baffles and how much they dumb the noise down?

Also, I seem to recall reading somewhere that the BL's may interfere with (contact) some AC's. Is this the case or am I dreaming this up? If it is the case does anyone know what AC's they interfere with.

Old 04-08-2011, 09:12 PM
SuperFastGlide
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

the baffle isint replaceable, but its not very loud unless your romping on it..the sound reducing baffle installs behind the exsisting baffle to reduce sound. i dont have any isuues with the ac, they come nowhere close to it...

Last edited by SuperFastGlide; 04-08-2011 at 09:22 PM.
Old 04-08-2011, 10:51 PM
Deftone5
Advanced

I'm considering the Bub Lakesters on my '11 Fat Bob as well. Either them or the Kirker 2 into 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30pzAg2yu2s

I'd love to hear any reviews on either? I don't want to crack windows but setting off a car alarm or two is proper behavior...I also want performance...Bubs? Kirker?

Old 04-09-2011, 06:54 AM
ynots
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Just a heads up... When I installed a Bub seven exhaust I had to grind about 1/4" of metal off the top of the front heat shield before it would clear the cooling fins. I'm very happy with the system but it is louder than I expected. Neighbors love it! lol

Old 04-09-2011, 07:37 AM
Deftone5
Advanced

You know, there should be a permanent section here for members to post photos and video / sound clips of their exhaust mods. That would be an invaluable resource for new owners.

Old 04-09-2011, 07:48 AM
Dawg Rider
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Deftone5
You know, there should be a permanent section here for members to post photos and video / sound clips of their exhaust mods. That would be an invaluable resource for new owners.
Good idea

Old 04-13-2011, 01:11 AM
p.o_o.h
Advanced

Don't think you'd have a clearance problem with the a/c. You'd have a ground clearance problem leaning right if you ride 2 up or ride hard. I do. Tried stiffening up the rear end but I still have a problem.

Old 04-13-2011, 06:04 AM
Deftone5
Advanced

Originally Posted by p.o_o.h
Don't think you'd have a clearance problem with the a/c. You'd have a ground clearance problem leaning right if you ride 2 up or ride hard. I do. Tried stiffening up the rear end but I still have a problem.
Ouch, just ordered these. I am planning on going with a solo seat but my other bike is a Ducati...am I gonna hate these pipe every time I turn right? I can return them if you really think its a problem...thanks dude.

Old 04-14-2011, 04:59 AM
p.o_o.h
Advanced

Well...my other bike is a Ducati too (and another a BMW). Let's put it this way, the pipes got scratched before the right footpeg does. If the pipe is tucked into the center a bit more it'd have no problem. That being said, it's a beauty though.

I comfort myself by thinking that it's cool to see how far I went. Won't try it to many times, though. Pipes sparking is not safe, it definitely reduces traction. Good luck.

Hope Bub picks this up and does a redesign. I'd buy another one.

Attached Thumbnails Bub Lakester 2 into 1 Questions-bubscratched01.jpg  
Old 04-14-2011, 12:24 PM
Deftone5
Advanced
Unhappy

Originally Posted by p.o_o.h
Well...my other bike is a Ducati too (and another a BMW). Let's put it this way, the pipes got scratched before the right footpeg does.
Awe that makes me sad and your photo with the scrape rusting up makes me sadder. Not a great way to be starting a new relationship between me and my pipes. I already got them so its a 25% restocking fee if I exchange them. Thanks for the info though!