Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

XIED and Stage 1

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2011, 05:53 AM
FXDF_Lover
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default XIED and Stage 1

I did a stage 1 download from the dealer, along with the intake upgrade as well as adding an aftermarket exhaust.

Would adding a XiED help with anything?

I have one lying around.

Old 04-08-2011, 08:22 AM
jluvs2ride
Elite HDF Member
Location: Back in the Good Ole USA. South Carolina to be exact.
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

The stage one download corrects the VE tables for a combination of HD parts, It alters the timing curve a bit, and changes the rev limiter.

XIEDs richen the bike in the closed loop areas. This is not a bad combination, but you need a pair. You say you have one lying around.

Old 04-08-2011, 08:27 AM
RAWHIDE07
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 39,960 Likes on 13,498 Posts

Originally Posted by FXDF_Lover
I did a stage 1 download from the dealer, along with the intake upgrade as well as adding an aftermarket exhaust.

Would adding a XiED help with anything?

I have one lying around.
You will get the same benefits from the xied's that you would get if you had not had the stage 1 download.The download does not add anymore fuel at idle and low throttle openings,Imo the xied's are a worthwhile addition.

Old 04-08-2011, 05:01 PM
Low_Wider
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As noted the Stage 1 does not help in closed loop where you spend most of your time anyway so the XIED will richen it up a bit. I'm running Stage 1 and IEDs and did notice a little improvement in rideability (throttle response, decel pop).
I originally got the IEDs more for insurance against high A/F ratios causing higher temps and the effect on long term life. The improved performance was a side benefit.

Old 04-09-2011, 03:41 PM
FXDF_Lover
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jluvs2ride
The stage one download corrects the VE tables for a combination of HD parts, It alters the timing curve a bit, and changes the rev limiter.

XIEDs richen the bike in the closed loop areas. This is not a bad combination, but you need a pair. You say you have one lying around.

I originally got the XiED's when I bought the bike. But ended up getting another exhaust and doing stage 1 from Harley.

I was just checking the garage and noticed that I still had the XiED's lying around. So thanks for the tip, I'll install the XiED's tomorrow and will update with a field report