Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

True Trak for a Dyna Fat Bob

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2011, 08:54 AM
bikerlaw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 486 Likes on 354 Posts

Originally Posted by DesertDyna
After reading everyone's posts about True-Track, I decided to get one. Road from Phoenix to Lauglin, NV for the River Run in part just to purchase one...they were advertising "Free installation on all bikes". So I get there and buy mine...and guess what? No they cant put it on because its a Dyna and it would take too long. Of course..they were putting them on softails left and right. I even offered to stay overnight and come in first thing in the morning..but sorry....nope. But I could still buy one...full price. Kinda left a bad taste, ya know?
Not quite sure what you mean, but True Tracks are for rubber mounted motorcycles. Softails are not rubber mounted. Not sure what they could have been installing.

Old 05-02-2011, 09:13 AM
DesertDyna
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bikerlaw
Not quite sure what you mean, but True Tracks are for rubber mounted motorcycles. Softails are not rubber mounted. Not sure what they could have been installing.
Ya....I meant FXR and FLH models. They have a different design stabilizers for those models that are apparently much easier to install. Rear stabilizer on a wide glide takes some tweaking to get in correctly, so they didnt want to take the extra time necessary.

Old 05-02-2011, 09:37 AM
bigdaddy33
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Well that sucks. I can understand you being annoyed. Did you buy one anyway?

After reading everyone's posts about True-Track, I decided to get one. Road from Phoenix to Lauglin, NV for the River Run in part just to purchase one...they were advertising "Free installation on all bikes". So I get there and buy mine...and guess what? No they cant put it on because its a WideGlide and it would take too long. Of course..they were putting them on FXR and FLH left and right. I even offered to stay overnight and come in first thing in the morning..but sorry....nope. But I could still buy one...full price. Kinda left a bad taste, ya know?

Old 05-02-2011, 10:07 AM
SURFOR Chop
Elite HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

DesertDyna - if you didn't already pull the trigger on the TT, there are other options ... Sputhe makes one and I think there might be at least one other manufacturer ....

Not sure how they stack up price-wise ... but, if you're hacked off at TT ....

R/
'Chop

Old 09-14-2011, 01:00 PM
SO Fatbob
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not sure if you guys are still reading your posts on this or not but I just bought a 2011 Fatbob and wondered if I am going to have the very same issue. I have not felt this wobble yet but is this something that happens over time with the torque that these bikes produce?
All I want to know is this something that ALL harleys need to install?
Makes me wonder what the heck was Harley Davidson thinking? Doesn't sound like they are thinking safety when I watched the video on True-Trak.com and seen it for my self.

Old 09-14-2011, 03:07 PM
harley_jeff
Road Master
Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts

SO Fatbob - there is a lot of history on this; why H-D did or didn't do what they did.

Cutting to bottom line - I think it is an excellent mod. I installed trutrak on '07 Dyna and it made a very pronounced improvement in handling. Downside is the rear piece is a bear to install and the front piece doesn't look too good in my opinion. Also, with the front piece installed, I no longer can have my tool bag in that location.

Other improvements to handling I found were replacing out the suspension w/ Works Performance components and also switching from stock Dunlops to Metzlers.

Old 09-14-2011, 04:18 PM
Robert Le Gras
Road Warrior

I installed a Tru-Track on my '08 Fat Bob after I got the big wobble. Mine happened in a few particularly long sweeping curves and when really strong crosswinds (of which there are more than a few around here) would wail on the bike (is the culprit the solid wheels? saddlebags?) Anyway, a definite improvement, which gave me that confident stability that my Sportster and R90 always had. Very good mod in my opinion, and it would be great if the bike came this way but oh well.

I can still use a toolbag, though I only do so on long trips (otherwise tools are in my saddlebag).The back is a bitch to install. I don't mind the looks of the front piece. The Sputhe looks better.

Old 09-14-2011, 08:18 PM
zukeeper
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Ya....I meant FXR and FLH models. They have a different design stabilizers for those models that are apparently much easier to install. Rear stabilizer on a wide glide takes some tweaking to get in correctly, so they didnt want to take the extra time necessary.

hmmm , I put one on my wide glide...didn't have to tweak anything

Old 09-15-2011, 09:10 PM
RAGDOCTOR
Intermediate
Default Free installs at the River Run

After reading everyone's posts about True-Track, I decided to get one. Road from Phoenix to Lauglin, NV for the River Run in part just to purchase one...they were advertising "Free installation on all bikes". So I get there and buy mine...and guess what? No they cant put it on because its a WideGlide and it would take too long. Of course..they were putting them on FXR and FLH left and right. I even offered to stay overnight and come in first thing in the morning..but sorry....nope. But I could still buy one...full price. Kinda left a bad taste, ya know?
Hey DesertDyna,
Sorry to hear you left with a bad taste but I have never seen them or have they ever offered to install a dyna model at the Laughlin River Run Show and they have been there since 2004. Yes they offer free installs but they do not advertise "on all bikes" as mentioned. A reduced price is always offered for their units at the show and you would have gotten that unit for $349.00, not $398.00 which is full price.
Free installs have always been for the model 20-00, and then they added the 20-00LR or their newest addition, the 20-00-09, not any other model, not the FXR either. Whether it is a carry out or an install the price is always the same.
Yes we were busy but think about it this way - you're a business and you can install a touring model at about 20 minutes per bike give or take, and a dyna unit will take about an hour and a half give or take. Would you choose to install dynas or touring models as a business that only had 4 days to make up the outrageous expense cost of being at the show and then try to make a profit ontop of that?! There is rhyme and reason for their madness though this didn't help your scenario.
So, we apologize you were disappointed, but as many readers rely on what is posted, it's only fair we give our point of view as well.
K- the TT helper at the River Run show.

Old 09-16-2011, 11:55 AM
harley_jeff
Road Master
Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Robert Le Gras
I installed a Tru-Track on my '08 Fat Bob after I got the big wobble. Mine happened in a few particularly long sweeping curves and when really strong crosswinds (of which there are more than a few around here) would wail on the bike (is the culprit the solid wheels? saddlebags?) Anyway, a definite improvement, which gave me that confident stability that my Sportster and R90 always had. Very good mod in my opinion, and it would be great if the bike came this way but oh well.

I can still use a toolbag, though I only do so on long trips (otherwise tools are in my saddlebag).The back is a bitch to install. I don't mind the looks of the front piece. The Sputhe looks better.
I did not have a good experience with Sputhe.
Can you post a picture showing how you attached a front tool bag with the True-Trak front piece in the way?

Quick Reply: True Trak for a Dyna Fat Bob