Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sert? Needed?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2011, 09:55 AM
PHA-Q
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sert? Needed?

I have a 06 sb, thunderheader, stage 1 ac, stage 1 download, bike runs good and the plugs come out light brown.. Should i get the SE 32136-06a? Can it be better tuned and run better than it does now? I found a new tuner for $100......

Old 04-04-2011, 09:57 AM
tinker1
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would go with the SERT + dynotune. You'll get better performance and your bike will run better than it will just just a downloaded map.

Old 04-04-2011, 09:57 AM
SC-Longhair
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Should you...is up to you.

The SERT would allow a full dyno tune, where as the download you have already is quite generic. But...if the bike runs good for you, don't fix what isn't broken.

Old 04-04-2011, 10:08 AM
SBRob
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,300 Likes on 1,704 Posts

Originally Posted by SC-Longhair
Should you...is up to you.

The SERT would allow a full dyno tune, where as the download you have already is quite generic. But...if the bike runs good for you, don't fix what isn't broken.
Well said...

Old 04-04-2011, 10:10 AM
PHA-Q
Road Captain

It runs good..... With that said!!!!!! I am ready to start making the bike faster.. I want to make sure the bike is running right and as good as it can with what i have already done, I guess what im asking is withe the tuner and a dyno session will there be a seat of the pants difference? Is it worth it?

Old 04-04-2011, 10:16 AM
domenicp7
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by PHA-Q
It runs good..... With that said!!!!!! I am ready to start making the bike faster.. I want to make sure the bike is running right and as good as it can with what i have already done, I guess what im asking is withe the tuner and a dyno session will there be a seat of the pants difference? Is it worth it?
Insure if you go ahead with a dyno and tuner make sure you use someone who knows what they are doing. I have seen numbers decrease from the download after a dyno tune.

Old 04-04-2011, 10:39 AM
PHA-Q
Road Captain

Originally Posted by domenicp7
Insure if you go ahead with a dyno and tuner make sure you use someone who knows what they are doing. I have seen numbers decrease from the download after a dyno tune.
I here ya... I have a buddy that works for a local dealer, dude that runs the dyno is supposed to be very good. I guess it cant hurt to have the tuner in place for future upgrades, as $ allows..

Old 04-04-2011, 11:39 AM
jims79flh
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had the same set up as you on a 08 Low Rider and I had to have a Race Tuner installed as the bike was running way to hot.

Old 04-04-2011, 11:42 AM
PHA-Q
Road Captain

Ok thanks, im gonna grab it and get the ball rollin... Let you know how it goes

Old 04-04-2011, 01:13 PM
shiftace
Road Warrior
Received 832 Likes on 376 Posts

Sert means you need to research and find a good tuner. Like someone else said dude could be a lame and make the bike worse after a dyno. But for that price it's hard to pass up. I've got friends both at a dealer and at Dynojet and they both claim their particular setups (SERT and Power Vision) will make more power..trouble is neither is willing to put their money where their mouth is and let me set up a shootout between em both on my bike. So I'm sitting with a generic download I found on the sert disc until they are willing lol.

Quick Reply: Sert? Needed?