Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dyna Fairing on Progressive Suspension Site

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 12:34 PM
Progressive Suspension
Former Sponsor
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Ness fairing indeed. Wide version. Rattle can'd with Krylon high temp satin to match "Denim" Street Bob.

So far no breakage issues.

Originally Posted by parts eeter
Checked Griffs pics and that does look good, but I have been looking around and the more I look, the more I am realizing that this seems to be the pictured fairing on the progressive site.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT

And it does in fact seem to be a Ness 1/4 fairing, although not the one that has the straight sides that seems to be the norm for Streetbob applications.
The brackets that mount these fairings seem to be very adjustable so I guess a headlight block and 2 49mm fork clamps and I would be in business.

Old 03-29-2011, 12:54 PM
2011 Street Bob
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Progressive Suspension
Ness fairing indeed. Wide version. Rattle can'd with Krylon high temp satin to match "Denim" Street Bob.

So far no breakage issues.
Great, thanks! Somebody asked this in the thread, and I'm curious too. Does it actually break the wind (giggle) at all, or is it merely for show? Looks great! OH, btw/ordered black 412's this week. Can I have a t-shirt! (hahaha, yep, saw that thread). Ordered 'em from DHP powersports

Old 03-30-2011, 10:32 AM
Progressive Suspension
Former Sponsor
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

It does actually do its job. Nothing like a huge windshield would, but the difference is very noticable. We built this machine to test very high performance front and rear suspension and it has NOT been treated gently.

Glad to hear you picked up a set of 412 Series shocks! Mount 'em up and send us a pic of you and the bike that we can use in our marketing, we'll make sure you get a shirt!

Originally Posted by 2011 Street Bob
Great, thanks! Somebody asked this in the thread, and I'm curious too. Does it actually break the wind (giggle) at all, or is it merely for show? Looks great! OH, btw/ordered black 412's this week. Can I have a t-shirt! (hahaha, yep, saw that thread). Ordered 'em from DHP powersports

Old 04-01-2011, 12:47 AM
Wyndup
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That pic is actually the sporter pic. The Dyna wrap a little more and are wider
Originally Posted by parts eeter
I just checked the eastern website and the fairing they have doesnt wrap around to fit the contour of the tank like the one on the Progressive website. Last Saint has been using various fairings for sometime, maybe he could drop some knowledge here. I am thinking of using the same pictured fairing as well.

http://www.easternperformance.com/pr...Dyna-06%252dUp

See, thats not the same..

Old 04-01-2011, 05:29 AM
jaysonL
Elite HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

If you read through this thread , you'll see that Ness actually redesigned the fairing , recently . So , I would say unless you buy one that a vendor had stocked for a while, you might have to get the new(smaller) design .
http://forums.streetchopperweb.com/7...ild/index.html

Old 04-01-2011, 05:44 AM
Aaron 09FXDB
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are multiple kinds of Arlen Ness fairings that will fit. The one you mentioned in the link below is the same I have on my 09 Street Bob as well. It's call the "Direct Bolt-on fairing Kit for Dyna and Sporsters Models" part # 06-035 which is the paintable version, they have a few variations.

However, at least according to the 2010 Arlen Ness catalog, they still sell their other "older" original fairings. I'd call them if you are interested in them, or get the exact part# and look on Ebay. However, the "older" fairings come with universal mounting kits or no hardware at all, but they are easily mounted.

Even though mine is the newer one and came with a "bolt on kit", I used HD detachable windshield clamps so that I can easily remove it and switch to my full windshield if need be.

Originally Posted by jaysonL
If you read through this thread , you'll see that Ness actually redesigned the fairing , recently . So , I would say unless you buy one that a vendor had stocked for a while, you might have to get the new(smaller) design .
http://forums.streetchopperweb.com/7...ild/index.html