Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kury Forward Controls

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2011 | 11:41 PM
rjheff
|
Tourer
Default Kury Forward Controls

Waiting on a delivery from Dennis Kirk due on Tuesday.
I'm installing them on an 07 FXDC. The install instructions look pretty straight forward. Anyone install them here? I'm doing the install leaving the shifter spline intact.
Thanks

Old 03-28-2011 | 12:45 AM
HemiOrange
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by rjheff
Waiting on a delivery from Dennis Kirk due on Tuesday.
I'm installing them on an 07 FXDC. The install instructions look pretty straight forward. Anyone install them here? I'm doing the install leaving the shifter spline intact.
Thanks
That's the exact route that I took, very easy to do if you just cap the shifter spline with the included cap. I like mine a lot.

Oh, one precaution to take! If the bolts EVER start to bind, chase the threads with good taps and dies. Mine bolted up perfectly, but other similar bolt-on aftermarket parts had fasteners that would bind and snap. Now I check all fitments to make sure that the chroming or machining doesn't interfere with the threads.

Old 03-28-2011 | 06:49 AM
shimmon
Outstanding HDF Member

my buddy installed a set on his 08 fxdc in a couple hours. they are nice looking controls, youll like em alot. much more comfortable than mid controls!

Old 03-28-2011 | 12:05 PM
rjheff
|
Tourer

Thanks for the replies and heads up on the chromed threads.

Old 03-28-2011 | 01:56 PM
aclundwall
Cruiser

I just put them on my 2011 SGC. Here are the things that stick out from when I did the install...

1. The rubber spacer on my shifter shaft was too thick to allow the chrome cap to go on far enough for the set screw to fall into the notch...I had to sand that rubber spacer down about .050", and I still had to push HARD on it to get the set screw to clear the splines.

2. The bolts holding the peg mounts to the mounting plates weren't very tight. I removed them, added some loctite, and torqued them back down. BE SURE you check these bolts. The instructions DO say to do this, if you read them. The right side bolt is a LEFT-HANDED (righty-loosey, lefty-tighty) thread. Don't take everything apart and mix the screws up!

3. The tie-rod end on the forward end of the shift rod doesn't thread into the hole on the arm. It just slips through and is held on by a locknut. But the hole is a real sloppy fit...the hole is at least .025" bigger in diameter than the OD of the tie rod stud. I wrapped a piece of .010" stainless shim stock around the tie rod stud to get it a little less sloppy in the hole. It probably doesn't matter as long as the locknut doesn't come loose, but I was disappointed to see such a sloppy fit here.

I'm just using the stock foot pegs for now. I'm trying to decide what I want to replace them with. I'd like to try pegs with heel rests, but I'm not sure which ones at this time.

Art

Old 03-28-2011 | 10:56 PM
rjheff
|
Tourer

Art
Thanks. I'll post how the install went.

Old 03-29-2011 | 12:18 AM
Dave2007sb
Intermediate

I Love mine, I did leave on the mids tho. It nice to move you feet to the mids on a long ride.