Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

well version 4 of black betty

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2011, 09:55 PM
jshull
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

actually funny as it is I have a set of 11' superglide emblems! i was actually thinking of striping the tank like the superglide then letting him go on the front fender, console, and something on the rear fender, going to use silver and grey. but im three pbr's into staring at mrs betty and I think ima leave her naked!!!

Old 03-26-2011, 09:55 PM
jshull
Road Master

i getting ready to figure out how to take that sticker off my down tube.

Old 03-26-2011, 09:58 PM
jbrown4217
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bike looks great man. Who do use for your powder and is the first time you have used them? Not trying to be nosy, but I'm right down the road and I'm looking for a good powder coater. Thanks

Old 03-26-2011, 10:09 PM
jshull
Road Master

the majority of what you see was done by joe at the powder pro, he did a great job, the forward controls and were done by a local guy, they did a great job on them also. they are some friends of mine. they just dont have the magic like joe though. your bike looks nice, whats left to powder the trees?

Old 03-26-2011, 10:20 PM
markrumsfield
Tourer

Looks reall good! You had 11" Progressives before, and now you have 12" shocks are they Progressives also? They almost look like stock FatBob shocks but its hard to tell from the pic...

Old 03-26-2011, 10:22 PM
jshull
Road Master

they are fat bob shocks. so far I really like them. look good, and they only measured 11 3/4.

Old 03-26-2011, 10:23 PM
Rmerdcars
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jshull
actually funny as it is I have a set of 11' superglide emblems! i was actually thinking of striping the tank like the superglide then letting him go on the front fender, console, and something on the rear fender, going to use silver and grey. but im three pbr's into staring at mrs betty and I think ima leave her naked!!!
would be very interested in those emblems if you decide to keep it bare !! well that and if you'd make me a smokin deal !! lol !

Old 03-26-2011, 10:28 PM
Rmerdcars
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

and that's funny that you say that because I'm thinking of trying to wet sand the silver stripe off of my tank then reclear,that is if I can do it without breaking through the color !?? I like the solid black ,but at least the stripe is silver, goes with the black and chrome theme I'm going for !!

Old 03-26-2011, 10:30 PM
jbrown4217
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jshull
the majority of what you see was done by joe at the powder pro, he did a great job, the forward controls and were done by a local guy, they did a great job on them also. they are some friends of mine. they just dont have the magic like joe though. your bike looks nice, whats left to powder the trees?
I think I have enough black, but some of what I've done is paint and it is not durable enough so I think I'm going with powder in the fall on parts that see too much abuse for paint.

Old 03-26-2011, 10:36 PM
jshull
Road Master

ya i stripped a ton of black off this year. went to some chrome, I dunno felt like i was not really into it any more. i just about have the balance I want, I am waiting on chrome levers, and currently am cruising ebay for some mirrors i can actually see out of.
Rmerdcars we should have just traded tanks! I will let you know on them soon.

Quick Reply: well version 4 of black betty