Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 Wide Glide Foot Vibration

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2011, 11:15 AM
WIDERGLIDER
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2010 Wide Glide Foot Vibration

I talked about this issue I'm having in the WG mods thread, but I wanted to get more opinion from you guys/girls out there.

My feet are vibrating terrible, almost to the point of numbness, 3000 miles on the bike. I have had different peg setups, currently running mini boards, and the issue seems to continue. I have read a TON on "shimming" the front mount, not sure that's the way to go. My engine mounts all look fine and I never got that tire issue everyone with 2010 WG's talked about either.

Should I bring back to the dealer? It is still under warranty...but I fear they'll give me the BS about the stage 1 upgrade voiding my warranty...any help is MUCH appreciated.

I have a service manual and read about doing the alignment procedure but not sure that will help either. Thanks everyone!

Old 03-24-2011, 11:37 AM
reddog8145
Road Captain
Received 44 Likes on 14 Posts

I had the loan of a wide glide when my Fat Boy went in for a service. I noticed the tingling vibration in the foot pegs whilst I rode it and mentioned it to the service staff. They told me it was
normal. Can't see it myself
but it certainly put me off the
model. Good luck with
sorting your problem. I hope
that it's not a design fault and can be sorted

Old 03-24-2011, 01:00 PM
TimBone
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Crank runout could be a factor too.
Worth asking dealer to look at.

Old 03-24-2011, 01:20 PM
pontiac69
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

i think if you went into the dealer and asked about crank run out they would look at you like your crazy. i brought mine in for service to have some things done and asked about vibration. i thought it was excessive but hell its my first harley. they checked it and said thats normal. so a few weeks ago i decided to check my front motor mount since alot of people talk about shimming. sure enough i had a gap. so i inserted a 3/16" shim and in my opinion it helped. as soon as i started the bike it ran smoother. you twisted the throttle and it was smooth, well not honda smooth but smoother than it was. took it for a ride and it is much better than it was. took 15 min to do.

Old 03-24-2011, 01:20 PM
BullK9
Cruiser

Maybe it's just me and that my DWG is my first Harley, but the vibes don't seem to bother me much... As I understand it, the engine is rubber mounted - so there will be a little more vibes... Good luck getting it worked out and let us know what you discover. Heck, being new to Harley's myself - perhaps I am missing something.

Old 03-25-2011, 09:57 AM
TimBone
Tourer

Originally Posted by pontiac69
i think if you went into the dealer and asked about crank run out they would look at you like your crazy. i brought mine in for service to have some things done and asked about vibration. i thought it was excessive but hell its my first harley. they checked it and said thats normal. so a few weeks ago i decided to check my front motor mount since alot of people talk about shimming. sure enough i had a gap. so i inserted a 3/16" shim and in my opinion it helped. as soon as i started the bike it ran smoother. you twisted the throttle and it was smooth, well not honda smooth but smoother than it was. took it for a ride and it is much better than it was. took 15 min to do.
Do you have any pics you can post of that shimming. Thanks.

Old 03-25-2011, 10:24 AM
tinker1
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This must be a newer model issue - I think they changed the frame. I had a 2005 wide glide and never had a problem with excessive vibration - certainly not enough to make my feel numb.

Old 03-25-2011, 11:12 AM
mickey01
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is my second Dyna and I don't notice anything excessive with mine at all, feels like a dyna should to me. You might have a problem with the motor mounts, I'm not really sure. But you shouldn't have excessive vibration to the point your feet go numb, that doesn't sound right. Go back to the dealer and ask them to test ride another one and compare.

Old 03-25-2011, 12:18 PM
pontiac69
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by TimBone
Do you have any pics you can post of that shimming. Thanks.
Very simple to do and many posts here on it. Here is a pic of it after i put the shims in. If you need to know how specificaly pm me and i will tell ya.

Attached Thumbnails 2010 Wide Glide Foot Vibration-p3170097.jpg  
Old 03-25-2011, 02:52 PM
Fixintu
Cruiser

Do the shims. Ya got nothing to loose except possibly that annoying vibration. Shimming mine made a world of difference.

Quick Reply: 2010 Wide Glide Foot Vibration