Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2-up on a Street Bob

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 01:27 PM
The Gecko
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2-up on a Street Bob

I am planning on taking delivery of a new Street Bob in the next few weeks and will be in need of a passenger seat, pegs and probably a low sissy bar ASAP. Wife is not big by any means, any recommendations as to a seat? I like the look of the solo seat, so one that is easy to swap back and forth would be a bonus. But I am willing to give up a little in the looks dept for her comfort. Thanks

Oh am planning on a few long weekend trips come summer too, so will need to eventually be able to fit saddle bags, and maybe a rack of some kind on the back would be a plus.

Old 03-21-2011, 01:37 PM
Maclugie
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have the sundowner. Not pretty but comfortable.

Old 03-21-2011, 02:07 PM
paulhh
Intermediate
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have just traded my Street Bob but what I had was a rack with a quick release seat and sissy bar that clipped onto the rack.

Sounds odd but it worked really well. You get the single seat look but when required you have the back seat

Attached Thumbnails 2-up on a Street Bob-desktop-3.jpg   2-up on a Street Bob-10.jpg  
Old 03-21-2011, 02:24 PM
SouthpawHD
Extreme HDF Member
Received 73 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by Maclugie
I have the sundowner. Not pretty but comfortable.
+1 on that.

But I wish I had done what paulhh did with the rack, because it is very functional and easy to use. Plus when using the rack, the seat won't mark up the paint.

Last edited by SouthpawHD; 03-21-2011 at 02:36 PM.
Old 03-21-2011, 02:38 PM
datrahan62
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have an extra passenger seat for a street bob i think it has alittle tear in it. it came from harley when i bought the bike would send it to ya if you want

Old 03-21-2011, 03:12 PM
DSnoopy
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Ii ride two up all the time! We've done over 500 miles in a day, and do 200-350 miles pretty regularly during the summer.

I just have a wide glide seat on mine, because I like the look. My wife uses a pad on longer days.

PS - My wife is 5'2" and 130lbs, which may make a difference in your calculations.

Old 03-21-2011, 03:16 PM
VirtualNorm
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i had an 07, did 1500 miles with my wife on the back, she is a tad short of 6 foot and has a 36 inseam. Her knees made for arm rests for me, it was actually kinda nice No problems though, it was a great trip. I did put a Mustang vintage wide seat w/backrest on it.

Old 03-21-2011, 03:25 PM
daurwid
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sundowner Passenger Pillion and a Tall Sissy Bar w/ pad makes my wife extremely happy. You will also have to add passenger supports and pegs or floorboards. If you do the sissy bar, I think you have to do the turn signal relocation kit too.

Old 03-21-2011, 03:33 PM
hddan502
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

On mine, I have a LePera BB solo. I added a pillion to the original solo. I also bought an extra threaded mount and clip and attached it to the rear (2-up) hole on the fender. That way when I add the 2-up seat, it is quick as I do not have to remove the forward mount and place it in the rear mount of the fender.

Old 03-21-2011, 03:34 PM
bigmikaele
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

look at the mustang passenger pillion. I have had my girlfriend on mine and she loves the seat, very comfortable. I have the wide vintage solo and got the companion pillion. It has a unique attaching system so it only take 2 seconds to put it on and take it off for solo riding.

Quick Reply: 2-up on a Street Bob