Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LePera Questions & Pics

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2011 | 09:26 PM
HD Bobber
|
Elite HDF Member
Talking LePera Questions & Pics

-----------------I got the Mustang Day Tripper Solo & Pillion. Goto page 4 to view photos on the bike.-----------------

Ok guys so the wife wants to ride and I have to get a 2 Up seat, so I narrowed down my search between the Danny Gray Weekday $315 Ebay,
LePera Silhouette Series Smooth Full-Length Seat $263(Dennis Kirk)

LePera Daytona Sport Smooth Full-Length Seat $295(Dennis Kirk)

Guys help me and post some pics or suggestions of these seats on your bikes. Can't make up my mind on which one to go with.

I called Danny Gray and spoke w/ Sharry and she said the Weeday has a little over 5" width for the pass. as the LePeras have 7"+ w/o looking bulky in the rear.

I want a clean, sporty look, but yet still comfortable for the passenger.

Thanks for all you help guys.

Last edited by HD Bobber; 03-24-2011 at 09:20 PM.
Old 03-18-2011 | 09:56 PM
HD Bobber
|
Elite HDF Member
Old 03-18-2011 | 10:43 PM
Karsten
Road Captain

Buy a seat for 2 Up that is Comfy for her and buy a solo cool seat for you to go trolling.

If you go minimal in the 2 Up seating she wont be riding long and soon the bike will be an issue....Don't give up your ladies comfort to look cool or you will lose both in the end.

Hell, my SB is set up for Solo only so I went out and bought a Fatboy Seat so she would be happy...I was lucky and the seat came with a bike under it.

Just my words of wisdom, take it for what it's worth.

Karsten

Last edited by Karsten; 03-18-2011 at 11:20 PM.
Old 03-18-2011 | 11:11 PM
HD Bobber
|
Elite HDF Member

Yah, i just dont want to spend the money. No doubt she would like a fat *** seat to cushion the ride, but want the best of both

Old 03-19-2011 | 07:28 AM
kirk180
Tourer

Sorry. I can't help you at all with the seats you're asking about. I'm just chimning in to say that I agree with the previous suggestion. I have a LaPera Barebones for local strolling and also have the Mustang Vintage solo and pillion for 2 up riding (not the Vintage Wide). I'd also suggest buying a 2 piece set. Even if you don't spring for the suggested cushy ones. I'd get a two piece that you can live with the solo on so that when you take hers off, you're still happy with the appearance of your comfy solo. When I take my wifes off, I still have a decent looking solo in the Vintage. But when I know I'm going to be riding alone, I can switch out my seat to the barebones in a minutes time. I don't think I'll ever buy a one piece 2 up riding seat again. Not when she's only going to be riding with me maybe 10% of the time. That's hardly worth me getting stuck keeping a 2 up on the bike.

And not to be the bearer of bad news, but my wife probably wouldn't have been happy with either one of those seats you posted there. She would have told me to just keep my stock one on. I probably like the look of those seats just as much as you. But in the end I'm happy I opted to give her the comfort, so that she enjoys the ride just as much as I do.

Either way, good luck with your decision. Just wanted to share the way I went in case it hasn't been considered. Later.

Old 03-19-2011 | 08:12 AM
Robtarra39
Road Warrior

I agree with the others, the best option is a Mustang vintage solo with pillion passenger seat.The 2 you posted are really just single seats with an extension
to carry a passenger a few miles.You wife will really like the Mustang and you will like the mustang solo even better.

Old 03-19-2011 | 08:15 AM
HD Bobber
|
Elite HDF Member

Thanks guys. I'm giving more thought now on buying a big cushion seat. She's going to ride with me, but i'm going to still do a lot more solo runs.

I'm going to check out the mustang seats.

decisions, decisions..........

Old 03-19-2011 | 09:38 AM
themickster
Intermediate

I have a sundowner 2 up seat I would sell you came off my 10' SB. Has under 300 miles $ 200 shipped... Very comfy for a passenger and you can still keep your solo seat..... A simple bolt and u have a 2 up bike...

Old 03-19-2011 | 10:39 AM
themickster
Intermediate

I have a pic of the seat on my bike I can e-mail also if anyone is interested....

Old 03-19-2011 | 11:48 AM
jluvs2ride
Elite HDF Member
From: Back in the Good Ole USA. South Carolina to be exact.

Originally Posted by HD Bobber
Ok guys so the wife wants to ride and I have to get a 2 Up seat, so I narrowed down my search between the Danny Gray Weekday $315 Ebay,
LePera Silhouette Series Smooth Full-Length Seat $263(Dennis Kirk)

LePera Daytona Sport Smooth Full-Length Seat $295(Dennis Kirk)

Guys help me and post some pics or suggestions of these seats on your bikes. Can't make up my mind on which one to go with.

I called Danny Gray and spoke w/ Sharry and she said the Weeday has a little over 5" width for the pass. as the LePeras have 7"+ w/o looking bulky in the rear.

I want a clean, sporty look, but yet still comfortable for the passenger.

Thanks for all you help guys.
She ain't gonna want to ride far on that. Two separate seats is probably the best way to go.

Quick Reply: LePera Questions & Pics