Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LePera Questions & Pics

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2011 | 08:33 AM
annapolisfatbob
Tourer

im with seven, i have the lepera for solo rides and switch back to my stock for longer rides. mustang is proly the way to go if you are trying to get her a comfortable ride.

Old 03-20-2011 | 05:07 PM
HD Bobber
|
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by rounder
try out the mustang tripper solo and pillion as seen on my bike below. It don't look like much, yet it seriously provides all day comfort for both me and my wife. Amazing how comfortable the right thin padded seat can be. Oh, the lepera that is better suited for 2up is the daytona two up as opposed to the daytona sport. Good part about the mustang, is you can just take off the pillion and have a nice looking comfortable solo seat. Also the rear pillion will look better on your bike because you have a wider fender than my 05.
I like the look of your setup a lot.

I agree w/ all you guys cause if wife and I are comfortable the rides will be long and ther be less bitch'n.

Im going to look into the tripper w/ the pillion setup

Old 03-20-2011 | 06:03 PM
HD Bobber
|
Elite HDF Member

ROUNDER how's the mustang trippers support when you crank the throttle, cause with the stock seat I slide and I hate that.

Old 03-21-2011 | 07:45 AM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by HD Bobber
ROUNDER how's the mustang trippers support when you crank the throttle, cause with the stock seat I slide and I hate that.
No issue what so ever. I stay put when cranking the throttle(mid 90's HP and torque). The seat cover is kinda grippy and not slick and the back of the seat gives plenty of support the way it is designed. Order from mustang direct and you get 30 days to try out. Return for full refund if it is not for you. Of course slightly better prices(save 20-30 bucks) can be had buying from Zanottis or another shop possibly. So you know, several forum members got the seat based on my reviews and a few others and all have kept it and felt the same way as I do. Great seat, comfortable, and looks really good.

Old 03-21-2011 | 08:24 AM
HD Bobber
|
Elite HDF Member

Awesome! I think im going to get the day tripper and pillion from denniskirk.com they have the seat for 200 and the pillion for 130. Thanks man.

If anyone has it for sale I will buy it(didn't find one in the sale section)

Old 03-21-2011 | 11:08 PM
HD Bobber
|
Elite HDF Member

So I finally pulled the trigger tonight and did it! I order the Mustang Day Tripper Solo and Pillion from DennisKirk.com. I also got this nut thingy below ( I think I needed that to secure the pillion to the rear fender).

Can't wait to get the new parts! Thanks for all of the advice guys.

Old 03-21-2011 | 11:28 PM
editbrain
Road Warrior

I saved some big bucks by going with a Fat Bob seat, and the old lady only rides about 10 miles to the bar. I paid $65 for the seat from a forum member, and I can ride 200 miles before I even want to get off my Street Bob. The best investment I have made to the bike yet. It has about the same size pillion as the mustang pillion.

Last edited by editbrain; 03-21-2011 at 11:31 PM.
Old 03-21-2011 | 11:32 PM
Karsten
Road Captain

So I finally pulled the trigger tonight and did it! I order the Mustang Day Tripper Solo and Pillion from DennisKirk.com. I also got this nut thingy below ( I think I needed that to secure the pillion to the rear fender).

Now you are gonna need some tricks to install the seat insert without removing the rear tire....Little hint, remove plastic cover, get a piece of string and tie a knot with a small nail for weight and drop it through the hole.

Collect string, remove nail, add seat insert nut, tie 1/4 20 nut to end of string and pull through hole in fender, install plastic C Ring and you are done.

Note, keep a few of these seat mounts on hand as they strip out rather easily when you change seats out over time.

Karsten

Old 03-21-2011 | 11:42 PM
editbrain
Road Warrior

just use some 14 gauge wire and tie a knot. No, need for something that can scratch your bike.

Old 03-22-2011 | 07:27 AM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member

seat comes with a nut for the pillion. good to have an extra though. I use a shoe string, run it through the hole fron top and out it comes under the fender, slide nut on then tie a small socket and pull up and into place. The drop the string out. You'll get efficient at this, because the nut will vibrate if left in with the pillion off.

Quick Reply: LePera Questions & Pics