Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LePera Questions & Pics

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2011 | 12:13 PM
sfetty
Road Captain

Totally agree with the other posts. I went through a lot of trouble trying to make my 08 FXDSE a cool looking 2 up bike. Really wasnt possible. Paid a hefty price for a Lepera Sorrento with gel in front and back. Looked great on the bike but still fell short on long ride comfort.

Buy a nice 2 up Mustang, C&C or Sundowner and then keep a solo or sleek seat for your solo riding. Unfortunatly I would not recommend the Leperas for a two up seat or solo seat. They will last forever because they are on a metal pan. They are a great quality seat but for me (with very mild lower back problems) they just didnt work. If you have never had lower back problems then you may be OK. But there are a lot of other options out there. Your wife will need that cushion (both in thickness and width). When she is happy, you'll be happy!

I had a Barebones that I used for short jaunts and I realized that even 40 minutes affected me. Narrow looks cool but it repositions the weight distribution on the buttocks. I now am using a HD Badlander on the wifes Fat Bob when I ride it. Seems to help my problem. But I still would not take off on a long trip on it.

Old 03-19-2011 | 01:04 PM
Karsten
Road Captain

Or better yet you could do like I did. My SB was just rebuilt to be my little 100 plus HP sleeper and I wanted to keep it Solo. Besides she wanted a Sissy Bar and I have no way to mount it with the bags.

Simple solution, just buy a Fatboy with a 2 up seat and a Sissy bar and all is well.

I already have a nice Leather Corbin Sturgis 2 up seat setting in the garage waiting the bike to be delivered.

Karsten

Old 03-19-2011 | 05:08 PM
bobnehoc
Road Master

I would through my .02 in but I agree with the others. Wife not happy, you not happy...Check out the Mustang seats....I don't think you will be disappointed....

Old 03-19-2011 | 06:54 PM
HD Bobber
|
Elite HDF Member

Great info. guys by the way KARSTEN you are a lucky S.O.B. to be able to have the best of both worlds. They look great.

What if I did a Danny Gray Butt Crack solo and added a pillion for the trips w/ the wife?

Old 03-19-2011 | 06:57 PM
HD Bobber
|
Elite HDF Member

Just can't make up my mind.........

Old 03-19-2011 | 07:16 PM
that_guy
Tourer

it takes literally 5 minutes to change seats. get yourself a barebones and then a cushy seat for her. I on the other hand, have the stock pillion and if my OL doesnt like it, she can go screw. Its my bike, i make the payments. She doesnt mind the pillion or the rigid struts. Might be easier to find a new more badass wife lol

Old 03-19-2011 | 08:45 PM
HD Bobber
|
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by that_guy
it takes literally 5 minutes to change seats. get yourself a barebones and then a cushy seat for her. I on the other hand, have the stock pillion and if my OL doesnt like it, she can go screw. Its my bike, i make the payments. She doesnt mind the pillion or the rigid struts. Might be easier to find a new more badass wife lol
LOL! Well put

Old 03-19-2011 | 08:53 PM
Sevendcmc
Advanced

I went with a LePera Silhouette seat for short rides and will use stock for longer rides. Plan is to get the stock redone at some point.

Old 03-20-2011 | 12:17 AM
Ridaho
Cruiser

I rock the Le Pera bare bones solo on my bike! Very sleek and stylish. They make a 2 up version also. Call Le Pera and ask for Ashley, she will help you pick the right one for your bike.

Last edited by Ridaho; 03-20-2011 at 05:41 AM.
Old 03-20-2011 | 06:24 AM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member

try out the mustang tripper solo and pillion as seen on my bike below. It don't look like much, yet it seriously provides all day comfort for both me and my wife. Amazing how comfortable the right thin padded seat can be. Oh, the lepera that is better suited for 2up is the daytona two up as opposed to the daytona sport. Good part about the mustang, is you can just take off the pillion and have a nice looking comfortable solo seat. Also the rear pillion will look better on your bike because you have a wider fender than my 05.

Attached Thumbnails LePera Questions & Pics-get-attachment-19.aspx.jpg  

Last edited by rounder; 03-20-2011 at 06:26 AM.

Quick Reply: LePera Questions & Pics