Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Licks NovDot 3/4 helmet review

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2011, 09:09 PM
PigInaBlanket
Club Member
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Just one question... does it come with that goofy looking head in the last pic?

Old 03-17-2011, 10:30 PM
toneand
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by iambillbraskey
I received my Licks NovDot helmet today in flat black. I was a bit skeptical about the helmet when I took it out of the bag. It is dramatically lighter than my 3/4 fulmer V2 and felt a bit cheap because of that. After about an hour and a half of riding, I am totally convinced. This is a must for any 3/4 helmet riders out there.
glad to hear they are shipping. i'm waiting on my silver. how accurate is the sizing?

Old 03-17-2011, 10:41 PM
bigdaddy33
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Thanks for the review. They just sent me the tracking # so I should have it in a couple days.

Old 03-18-2011, 12:56 AM
06SuperDuty
Cruiser

I got mine on the 15th. Matte black too. It's the best freaking helmet I've ever owned. It's crazy light. I had to check to make sure I was still wearing it half way through the first ride. I also got the Visormatic 6000 transitional shield. It's bad *** too. No need to carry two sets of eye pro. It's clear in the dark and gets dark in the light. The cool part is I tried to order it but they were out. However my wife had already ordered it for me and surprised me with it on my birthday. She is a keeper!

Old 03-18-2011, 05:52 AM
iambillbraskey
Advanced

The fitment is good. You have to download some little measurement tape from the site and tape it together to check your size but mine fits great. hey super duty, how well does the transitional work in the sunlight is it worth getting?

Old 03-18-2011, 08:00 AM
bucket13
Road Master
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Received mine lastnight...
Pros: the quality, construct and weight can not be surpassed for the price! I've tried almost every helmet out there!

Cons: Fit was a bit too big, although I ordered the appropriate size. (Ordered M, need more like a small)
Still gives me the bubble head fit. I am kind of disappointed so I may just return it rather than replace it with the next smaller size.

Old 03-18-2011, 10:07 PM
rdmption
Cruiser

Couple of questions to NovDot helmet owners. Firstly, does it feel like the helmet has room to "break in" and how's the fitment? accurate to the size chart? A Bell custom 500 in size small fits me like a glove so I'm not sure if I should shoot for a medium or still stick with small. Lastly, can anyone confirm that NovDot uses 4 shell sizes and what is the breakdown of shells to helmet sizes.

Thanks

Old 03-18-2011, 10:18 PM
08StreetBobRob
Intermediate

I just bought the Rockhard American Classic 3/4 helmet. It's the best helmet I've ever worn. Small, DOT, doesn't move, comfortable and doesn't give you the bobble head look. LOVE IT!!! I had ordered a Bell Custom 500 and sent it back after I tried it on because it gave me the bobblehead look even though they said that it wouldn't. Rockhard rocks

Last edited by 08StreetBobRob; 03-18-2011 at 10:26 PM. Reason: I forgot to post about the helmet i had tried
Old 03-19-2011, 02:30 AM
Basic
Road Captain

Those Rockhards look nice...might order one too. Can't have too many cool helmets. Are they true to size?

Old 03-19-2011, 02:08 PM
iiweeldman
Advanced

Originally Posted by rdmption
Couple of questions to NovDot helmet owners. Firstly, does it feel like the helmet has room to "break in" and how's the fitment? accurate to the size chart? A Bell custom 500 in size small fits me like a glove so I'm not sure if I should shoot for a medium or still stick with small. Lastly, can anyone confirm that NovDot uses 4 shell sizes and what is the breakdown of shells to helmet sizes.

Thanks
The helmet does have to break in just like a new pair of shoes. I believe that the Novdot has 3 different shell sizes, xs and s, med and large, xl and xxl. This is why it appears that some pictures of the helmet are larger than others. I would get a hold of AJ and ask him how the Novdot compares in size to the Bell 500.

Quick Reply: Licks NovDot 3/4 helmet review