Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Licks NovDot 3/4 helmet review

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2013, 07:07 AM
Flyn G
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rockon

I'm a dead on size 23......I'll report back once I've had a chance to try out the NovDot.
I'm a 23" also which size did you go with and how did it work?

Old 08-11-2013, 11:14 AM
dmoe0826
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I originally ordered a large because that's where my size fell but it fit pretty tight along the forehead. Apparently I have an oval head so I ordered another in XL and it fits perfectly.

I'd say order the size from the chart and if it doesn't fit, you'll have no problems exchanging because I was originally going to return the large but it ended up fitting my girl great. I got a exchange authorization number basically the same day I sent an email.

As for the helmet itself...best I've put on my head so far.

Old 11-07-2013, 03:49 PM
XKnight
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Well, I guess I'll go against the grain and say that I think the Licks NovDot 3/4 helmet is cheaply made and uncomfortable. The liner feels rough and scrapes my forehead and the helmet just doesn't fit me very well. As a comparison, the Bell 500 liner is soft and feels great on my skin. I also have a Fulmer 3/4 and like it much better than the Licks. Both the Bell and Fulmer are much more comfortable to wear. The Licks NovDot helmet was a waste of money for me and the $49 Visormatic shield also seems overpriced. It's definitely lighter in weight and has a lower profile than the Bell and Fulmer, but I'm not ready to give up comfort and quality for that.

Old 11-08-2013, 11:04 AM
klf33
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by XKnight
Well, I guess I'll go against the grain and say that I think the Licks NovDot 3/4 helmet is cheaply made and uncomfortable. The liner feels rough and scrapes my forehead and the helmet just doesn't fit me very well. As a comparison, the Bell 500 liner is soft and feels great on my skin. I also have a Fulmer 3/4 and like it much better than the Licks. Both the Bell and Fulmer are much more comfortable to wear. The Licks NovDot helmet was a waste of money for me and the $49 Visormatic shield also seems overpriced. It's definitely lighter in weight and has a lower profile than the Bell and Fulmer, but I'm not ready to give up comfort and quality for that.
It also depends on the shape of your head, I have the Licks, Rock and Bell 500 Custom, I can tell you the Bell finishing is 'second' best to the Rock, of course both are way better than the Licks.. but the Bell round shape leaves an air cavity between my ears and the helmet which ends up hurting my ears even with plugs.
The Most comfortable is the Rockhard, but somehow I always end up with the Licks on the road .

Old 11-08-2013, 05:04 PM
XKnight
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by klf33
It also depends on the shape of your head, I have the Licks, Rock and Bell 500 Custom, I can tell you the Bell finishing is 'second' best to the Rock, of course both are way better than the Licks.. but the Bell round shape leaves an air cavity between my ears and the helmet which ends up hurting my ears even with plugs.
The Most comfortable is the Rockhard, but somehow I always end up with the Licks on the road .
I agree and have the same issue with the Bell 500 being too large for my narrow head so I get too much wind noise when I wear it and rarely use it anymore. So far, the Fulmer is my overall favorite as far as comfort and the finish is good although not as nice as Bell. I'll have to check out Rockhard now. The Licks fits my son better than me so I gave it to him.