Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Licks NovDot 3/4 helmet review

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2012, 09:15 AM
ArleeD
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

received my NovDot yesterday.... took just over a week to receive. Overall construction is good. Def lighter than the 500. I do like the inside of the 500 much better, but, the style is def "cooler" with the NovDot (reduced Spaceship-head).

Haven't had a chance to get out on a ride since the weather here in the Northeast blows today.....

Attached Thumbnails Licks NovDot 3/4 helmet review-licks-hell-3.jpg   Licks NovDot 3/4 helmet review-licks-hell-4.jpg   Licks NovDot 3/4 helmet review-licks-helmet-1.jpg  
Old 04-22-2012, 12:10 PM
badfl97
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I agree bell 500 inside is nicer but I'm diggin my nov dot

Old 04-24-2012, 11:41 PM
PhotoRider
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got mine today along with their face shield. I like it. Its very similar to the Dayton which I also own. Fits the same and same profile.

The shield is nice, but can't wear glasses of course. I do notice on the Dyna with only a 1/4 fairing the wind does bother my eyes after a while, but on my RK it's perfect.

Old 04-24-2012, 11:52 PM
klf33
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by ArleeD
received my NovDot yesterday.... took just over a week to receive. Overall construction is good. Def lighter than the 500. I do like the inside of the 500 much better, but, the style is def "cooler" with the NovDot (reduced Spaceship-head).

Haven't had a chance to get out on a ride since the weather here in the Northeast blows today.....
How does the Sizes Compare ?

Old 04-25-2012, 01:15 AM
HemiOrange
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by PhotoRider
The shield is nice, but can't wear glasses of course.
I'm able to wear wrap around sunglasses with their shield. It takes a bit of finesse, but I manage to do it pretty fast. My NovDot was even too small front to back to begin with (had to thumb message it a bit), so I don't have a lot of space for the sunglasses, but I do wear them under the shield most of the time. It is hard to straighten the sunglasses if the shield moves them off my nose, but I just start over again and get it right.

Just pull the helmet tight against the back of your head and roll it down over your glasses.

Old 04-25-2012, 08:32 AM
ArleeD
Cruiser

Originally Posted by klf33
How does the Sizes Compare ?
Fits true to size. I have both the Large in the 500 and NovDot.

The NovDot seems more snug around the ears, which I hope reduces wind noise.

Old 04-25-2012, 03:03 PM
PhotoRider
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HemiOrange
I'm able to wear wrap around sunglasses with their shield. It takes a bit of finesse, but I manage to do it pretty fast. My NovDot was even too small front to back to begin with (had to thumb message it a bit), so I don't have a lot of space for the sunglasses, but I do wear them under the shield most of the time. It is hard to straighten the sunglasses if the shield moves them off my nose, but I just start over again and get it right.

Just pull the helmet tight against the back of your head and roll it down over your glasses.
I'll try it again. This are normal glasses so I can see. he don't wrap around. It would be nice, but I can see good enough w/o them. I normally wear foamed riding goggles that are not script. Tried the script eye-ones and they didn't fit good enough.

Old 04-29-2012, 05:12 PM
ArleeD
Cruiser

Was out all day w/ the NovDot... Awesome helmet. Less wind noise then my 500, looks awesome, and much, much lighter.... all around great buy... Very happy w/ Lick's products!

Old 05-08-2012, 01:16 PM
cee
Cruiser
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Got my Licks novdot 3/4 the other day. Measured my head with a string like site says, fit perfectly fine. Construction looks pretty good and it is very light.

Old 09-02-2012, 12:54 AM
Mutton Chop
Novice
Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts

Rode with ny NovDot today for the first time, very pleased, fit true to size, low wind noise, comfortable for long ride, less Marvin the Martian. Now I need a good paint job on it and we are in business. Took a week to arrive from date of order. Still testing the Visormatic 6000, it worked but let in enough wind that I think if the air was chilly I would have been tearing up. The transition got fairly dark but not as dark as glasses, the NC sun was squinting me a bit, but not horribly so. Great helmet, I highly recommend.

Quick Reply: Licks NovDot 3/4 helmet review