Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Licks NovDot 3/4 helmet review

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2011, 11:25 PM
maxxod
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

BTW...the NovDOT is a real POS.....the glue job on the liner alone was enough for me to try it on and sell it....no way that thing stands up to any sort of daily riding....first time you pull the liner out to wash it...you are gonna pull the backin g off with it....

Old 10-04-2011, 01:05 AM
HemiOrange
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm still liking my NovDot. I ordered based on their sizing and it was too tight front and rear. A bit of thumb squishing and it fit like a glove. One size bigger might have been too much.

If the lining ever separates, I'll just glue in back in. As it is I have the best fitting helmet I've ever owned and I've had about 20 or so.

My favorite half helmet is an HJC carbon fiber, favorite full helmet is the Scorpion EXO 900 transformer, favorite MX helmet is a Thor SXT and my favorite 3/4 helmet is the Licks NovDot. None of my helmets are high dollar helmets, I don't pay extra for fancy graphics or names, I just want a helmet that fits right and serves it's purpose.

With that said, I've gone through a lot of half and 3/4 helmets that either just didn't fit right, or looked ridiculous and caused way too much head lift at speed. That mushroom head is also a wind wing trying to lift your helmet off.

To each his own. Everyone has their unique shaped head, so perhaps a different brand will serve you best. Just don't be afraid to do a few slight tweaks to a helmet to make it a better fit.

By the way, my NovDot is the quietest helmet that I have. It fits snug all the way around and seals out the wind noise, with or without the face shield.

Last edited by HemiOrange; 10-04-2011 at 01:08 AM.
Old 11-17-2011, 05:14 PM
meev
Cruiser

just got mine. my advice is If you are at the border line get the larger size. I made the mistake of getting the smaller one and it is slightly uncomfortable on my head. Hopefully it will break in some and it will go away. Its light but definitely not novelty.
Overall its a good product at a reasonable price.

Old 11-17-2011, 06:24 PM
Iskra
Tourer

I have the Daytona 3/4 helmet and I love it - looks exactly the same.

Old 11-18-2011, 12:32 AM
HemiOrange
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by meev
just got mine. my advice is If you are at the border line get the larger size. I made the mistake of getting the smaller one and it is slightly uncomfortable on my head. Hopefully it will break in some and it will go away. Its light but definitely not novelty.
Overall its a good product at a reasonable price.
As I stated a while back, having it a bit tight is a good thing. Mine was headache tight when I got it. A few minutes of working it over in the tight areas with my thumb made for a personalized fit.

Now it fits perfect, no wobble, no lifting and no tightness. One size larger could never have achieved the fit I have now.

No need to break a helmet in, not when you can do it in the comfort of your home in under 5 minutes. If it's tight in the forehead, use your thumb on it, applying pressure to the tight area until it depresses a bit. Put helmet back on and check the fit. Do the same in the back if necessary, put helmet back on and check for fit. Repeat as necessary.

A helmet that is already loose on the sides or front can't break-in for a better fit, it's already too large and will never fit snug. These are the helmets that will forever lift on you and cause the complaints that most people have and have plagued me for decades.

Old 02-07-2012, 04:03 PM
Kevo12hundo
6th Gear

Just ordered one today, shipping is $19.00 and it says priority, so im hoping it ships in the next couple days. I'll post a video on my review of sizing, profile and overall comfort. Hope it'll help, eager to go for a ride with this lid!

Old 02-07-2012, 04:54 PM
06SuperDuty
Cruiser

I've had mine since the day they first shipped. My only complaint with it after this long is now it is a little too loose. Fight great when i first got it. Other than that I wear it almost everyday. Got about 7000 miles with it on my grape so I would say its a keeper. I did ditch the shield I got with it along time ago. Didnt work for me. Still had to wear glasses under it. Hope that helps someone.

Old 02-07-2012, 05:27 PM
Kevo12hundo
6th Gear

Originally Posted by whodares
Just got mine too...great customer service.

I got the transitional visormatic, gonna ride today and try it out!

how many days did it take to come in?

Old 02-14-2012, 02:36 AM
Kevo12hundo
6th Gear

Just got mine, and im damn sure it's the best vintage 3/4th's there is. It is so much lower profile, than the custom 500, definitely the smallest 3/4th's helmet there is. of course anything DOT will look a little bigger, but this lid fits pretty damn naturally. Service was good, quick emailed response, Aj said helmets take about 2 days to process, and about 5 to ship to the west coast. Although mine got hear in 4. overall very satisfied, ill post a couple pictures if anyone wants.

Old 02-14-2012, 11:13 PM
Greatscott
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Kevo12hundo
Just got mine, and im damn sure it's the best vintage 3/4th's there is. It is so much lower profile, than the custom 500, definitely the smallest 3/4th's helmet there is. of course anything DOT will look a little bigger, but this lid fits pretty damn naturally. Service was good, quick emailed response, Aj said helmets take about 2 days to process, and about 5 to ship to the west coast. Although mine got hear in 4. overall very satisfied, ill post a couple pictures if anyone wants.
Yeah...let's see it!

Quick Reply: Licks NovDot 3/4 helmet review