Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rush 2.0 vs V&H Big Shots

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2011, 06:05 PM
QueseyRider
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rush 2.0 vs V&H Big Shots

I have a 2009 Fat Bob with an SE breather and Rush 2.0 slip-ons. I like the Rush slip-ons, but recently I was thinking about going with a full system like the V&H Big Shots. My bike was remapped for the SE breather/Rush set up. Should I go for the Big Shots or stick with my Rush slip ons? If I go with the Big Shots, do I need to get the bike remapped? As always, thanks for your opinions.

Old 03-16-2011, 03:50 AM
glidinwide10
Cruiser

if you like what you got then keep it. yes you would have to get a new map if you go with the big shots.

Old 03-16-2011, 09:41 AM
SuperglideKen
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I had the Rush slip on's and then went to the Bigshots. While the rush do sound good they dont compare to the sound of the Bigshots. I would either remap or get a Power commander from Fuel moto. He''l pre program it for all you mod's and all you have to do is plug it in and go. Mine seems perfect. Just something to think about.

Old 03-16-2011, 10:21 AM
pontiac69
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

i think its funny. alot of people buy the rush slipons or other slipons 1st. after a while we wind up switching to a full exhuast. not because the slipons sound bad, or they do, its the bike is crying for a full breathing exhaust. if i had patients, i dont, i would have gone straight to full exhaust instead of spending like 300 bucks for slipons. i do think the v&h are loud, probaly to loud. but the big radius pipes just look awesome. on my list of things to buy is a full exhaust system.

these rush slipons would sound 10 times better if the headpipe didnt have the cat. i wish i could just pull the slipons, and reach in the headpipe and pry out the honeycomb core.

wow i said to much here, sorry

Old 03-17-2011, 01:16 PM
08StreetBobRob
Intermediate

I have an 08 Street Bob with Big Sucker II and 2" Rush slip ons and have not had anything tuned and it runs great. S&S , American Iron mag and a
Harley-Davidson mechanic all say It's not necessary.

Old 03-17-2011, 08:35 PM
CRF
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 08StreetBobRob
I have an 08 Street Bob with Big Sucker II and 2" Rush slip ons and have not had anything tuned and it runs great. S&S , American Iron mag and a
Harley-Davidson mechanic all say It's not necessary.
I ran a very similar setup for quite a while with no issues...... I did add a power commander last year thought just to richen the mixture a tad; it cooled the bike down and the throttle response is noticably improved. No need for a dyno though as one of the posters mentionned..... I got mine from Fuel Moto and its pretty much spot on - plug and play.

Old 03-17-2011, 09:29 PM
dfndr
Road Master

I went from stock to Rush Long series full exhaust, Fuelmoto SE a/c and Xied. Runs nicely, sounds plenty loud(1.75 baffle), and I'm waiting for summer to see if it will be significantly cooler.

Old 03-26-2011, 06:15 AM
QueseyRider
Novice

Thanks for the help. I ended up getting the Big Shots in black with quiet baffles. They sound better than the Rush pipes IMO, and they not too loud.

Old 03-26-2011, 06:22 AM
2011Deluxe
Banned
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Great chioce! I have BS on my SB and love them. Oh and 07 and later EFI's dont need tuners....just get Xieds. People mey debate this but its just a ploy from the MC cashcow

Old 03-26-2011, 06:44 AM
stilup
Road Warrior
Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

Don't get rid of your stock exaust you may be going back when the new laws come out.

Quick Reply: Rush 2.0 vs V&H Big Shots