Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

V&h big shots?

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2011, 05:16 PM
PhillyKid
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default V&h big shots?

New to cruising bikes.... been riding mx for the past 30 years and was wondering if I changed out my stock pipes for a set of v&h big shots with quiet baffles would I get past inspection and more importantlly would I not be hassled buy the popo ..... 2010 fatbob fxdf

Old 03-15-2011, 06:17 PM
lucy brown
Cruiser

Depends on where you live. Do you live in PA PhillyKid?

I have a Fat Bob with the V&H short shots. Regular baffles. It's pretty loud and yes it is illegal but I never get hassled. In fact here in PA you can ride pretty much hassle free as long as your not being stupid. Even in New Hope where they have a ding dong cop checking exhaust with a meter I've never been hassled but I idle in and idle out when I go. As for inspection go to a bike shop. They will pass you with loud exhaust.

Old 03-15-2011, 06:17 PM
blacknsilver
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Not sure where you live. We do not have inspections in Arkansas and I run V&H Big Shots with loud BCT baffles and have never had issues with the cops. Just depends on where you live and the laws there.

Old 03-15-2011, 06:23 PM
bobnehoc
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

I live in NY and I have Big Shots with the standard baffles. No problems at all with inspections and the po po.... Ride Free and Enjoy!!!

Old 03-15-2011, 06:24 PM
Plaza
Cruiser

Originally Posted by lucy brown
Depends on where you live. Do you live in PA PhillyKid?

I have a Fat Bob with the V&H short shots. Regular baffles. It's pretty loud and yes it is illegal but I never get hassled. In fact here in PA you can ride pretty much hassle free as long as your not being stupid. Even in New Hope where they have a ding dong cop checking exhaust with a meter I've never been hassled but I idle in and idle out when I go. As for inspection go to a bike shop. They will pass you with loud exhaust.
lucy brown

Im near New Hope where you at man??

Old 03-15-2011, 08:25 PM
rmodel65
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

GA has no inspection(unless you live in metro Atlanta) and there is no state law concerning motorcycle exhaust noise thankfully

Old 03-15-2011, 10:18 PM
Streetbob Bomber
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the BS on mine with no baffles, and im in Hawaii right now and they are super strict on noise and bikes in general, and never been hassled by the po-po and i am super illegal loud, Just like Lucy Brown said, "as long as your not being stupid" you should be fine. Being a PA resident my self i can vouch this as true.

Old 03-16-2011, 07:30 AM
PhillyKid
Intermediate

Thanks for the info everyone.... south jersey these days but love the river roads through to the mountains and glad that the pa side will not be a hassle either.....

Old 03-16-2011, 08:07 AM
Man O'War
Road Captain
Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

Never had a problem with my BSS with standard baffles although I have set off some car alarms driving by.

Old 03-16-2011, 10:57 AM
lucy brown
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Plaza
lucy brown

Im near New Hope where you at man??

Bristol Twp.

Quick Reply: V&h big shots?