Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Horn options for Dyna???

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2011, 07:28 AM
rcaddell
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Am I the only one who loves the stock cowbell?

Old 04-01-2011, 07:35 AM
PigInaBlanket
Club Member
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

I think the stock horn cover looks fine myself.
I did dress it up a little though.

Old 04-01-2011, 09:59 AM
'10 Wide Glide
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Reapergr
I have the army vet horn cover by that guy, excellent piece.
When I first bought it I wasn't sure of how the quality would be like but after I received it I had no questions about it at all this seller has an extremely fast shipping.

This is the derby cover I bought from him http://cgi.ebay.ca/HARLEY-DERBY-COVE...item3cb6583ef8 I guess what I really like about it no one has it where I'm from

Old 04-01-2011, 10:11 AM
tinker1
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

2 stories about 2 guys that installed air horns.

Guy never really tried the horn before taking the bike out for a ride. Got busy riding, thoughts on other things. At a light, the cager in front of him didn't see that the light had turned green. So this guy hits the horn.. The sound was WAY louder than he thought it would be... scared himself so bad that he dropped his own bike.

Guy had the horn on his bike for awhile.. was pretty used to it. He pulled up at a left turn light behind a cop on his cop-bike. Cop didn't notice the light turned green. Guy hit the horn. Cop gunned his bike in panic, shot out into the intersection and dumped the bike. Then the cop walked back and gave the guy a ticket.

Old 04-01-2011, 10:58 AM
dynamiamiflo
Advanced
Default molo dyna horn

Originally Posted by Ratbob
DMF - I've had the horn on for about a year and a half now and haven't noticed any degradation. It'll still get a cager's attention PRONTO!
great to hear Ratbob, i look forward to getting it hooked up in the next week or so.

Moslon 9, any reason why you think it stopped working, just curious.

Thanks

Old 04-01-2011, 02:17 PM
QehQeh
Road Captain

Originally Posted by rcaddell
Am I the only one who loves the stock cowbell?
I'm with ya. I bought my bike used and the guy had shaved off the horn mount and mounted the deluxe HD horn to the front frame down tubes. I'm going to change back to the cowbell eventually.

Old 04-01-2011, 02:46 PM
8541hog
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by tinker1
2 stories about 2 guys that installed air horns.

Guy never really tried the horn before taking the bike out for a ride. Got busy riding, thoughts on other things. At a light, the cager in front of him didn't see that the light had turned green. So this guy hits the horn.. The sound was WAY louder than he thought it would be... scared himself so bad that he dropped his own bike.

Guy had the horn on his bike for awhile.. was pretty used to it. He pulled up at a left turn light behind a cop on his cop-bike. Cop didn't notice the light turned green. Guy hit the horn. Cop gunned his bike in panic, shot out into the intersection and dumped the bike. Then the cop walked back and gave the guy a ticket.

LMAO....thanks for the chuckle....

I actually mounted just a puny little chrome one on mine, just enough to pass the sillyass safety inspection...Mounted between the battery and rear cylinder.

Old 04-01-2011, 10:22 PM
jwright302
Tourer

Originally Posted by JRK5892
I shaved my horn mount and put a pancake horn attached to my battery box

+1 , I did the same thing. I think the engine on Harleys is great looking and I couldn't stand the cow bell covering it up.

Old 04-01-2011, 11:51 PM
p51bombay
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by tinker1

And what, may I ask would he get a ticket for.............I mean other than laughing his a&% off?

Old 04-02-2011, 01:11 AM
2011 Street Bob
Advanced

Originally Posted by jwright302
+1 , I did the same thing. I think the engine on Harleys is great looking and I couldn't stand the cow bell covering it up.
curious....did you spray the battery cover band yourself, or have it painted?

Quick Reply: Horn options for Dyna???