Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tall(ish) Man in search of the perfect Harley

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2011, 08:36 PM
bigpercentcountry
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you wonder what you will look like on the bike, try this http://cycle-ergo.com/ . You can also see what your position would be with different rise and pullback bars. For what it's worth, I'm 6'6" and ride a fatbob with no real comfort issues. I do look very large on it, but there's not really a bike out there that I don't look large on.

Old 03-10-2011, 02:09 AM
WUA
6th Gear

Originally Posted by bigpercentcountry
If you wonder what you will look like on the bike, try this http://cycle-ergo.com/ . You can also see what your position would be with different rise and pullback bars. For what it's worth, I'm 6'6" and ride a fatbob with no real comfort issues. I do look very large on it, but there's not really a bike out there that I don't look large on.
Thank you very much! That link is perfect, helps me a lot.

Old 03-10-2011, 10:21 AM
risdo
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bigpercentcountry
...but there's not really a bike out there that I don't look large on.
Yep. I quit worrying about that a long time ago... I'm 6'4", 220, and I fit on my Super Glide no problem... after changing the seat and adding highway pegs.

My buddies mostly ride Road Kings. One of them was bustin my chops about how my legs look way too long for my bike. I said, "did you know the wheelbase on the Super Glide is actually almost an inch longer than your Road King?" (I looked it up... the FXD is 64.2", and the Road King is 63.5") He said, "nawwwww...."

Every time I ride anything with floorboards, like a Road King or an Electra Glide, I feel cramped. I am MUCH more comfortable on my Dyna, after making those few adjustments I mentioned above.

I really don't give a crap what I look like... I ain't that pretty anyway...

Here's my big ugly *** on a poker run last summer. Maybe this'll give you an idea:

Last edited by risdo; 03-10-2011 at 10:33 AM.
Old 03-25-2011, 02:34 AM
WUA
6th Gear

Little update: I ordered a Street Bob, but gotta wait til end of may til she arrives in switzerland. Thank you all again for your support and tips, really appreciate it!
Will post pictures in due time.

Old 03-25-2011, 06:33 AM
YeOldeStonecat
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,183 Likes on 1,803 Posts

Enjoy the SB.
My SB in sig pic....picked her up last fall..she still had mids, and superglide bars. I'm 6'4" with a 36" inseam. Comfy seat/bars for me, I have extra stiff legs so I am considering forward controls.

Your position is very customizable with stuff like different bars, seats, and controls. Don't think you're limited by the bike.

Old 03-25-2011, 06:33 AM
fendrjgstng94
Novice

The good thing about harley is its completely customize-able. You're not restricted to any set peg placement or bar placement. One piece of advice is stay away from a sportster. They're quite small for a big guy (some could argue). My uncle is 6'5 100 kg+ and he fits perfect on a road king with normal floorboards. One buddy is 5'8 and he fits perfect on a sportster 48. Just sit on a few bikes and take a test ride and you'll see what fits best. I personally would prefer forwards (I'm 6'2) but you might be comfortable on mids. Try out all different combinations of controls, bars and seats and you'll eventually find your favorite.

Old 03-25-2011, 06:35 AM
fendrjgstng94
Novice

Whoops didn't read the thread through. Good luck with the street bob.

Old 03-25-2011, 09:00 AM
vailtl
Cruiser

I am 6'4 have a 06 wideglide purchased lately. I need a seat that pushes me back a bit
does any one have a recomendation.
I would like to go solo. Looking in the catalog to me the brawler looks like it would push me back any other ideas.

Old 03-25-2011, 09:47 AM
CRZYLGZZ
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm 6'4 and with a mustang seat, 3" extensions on my fat Bob, its heaven. My 35 inseam sits perfect not stretched, not cramped, but just right.

Old 03-25-2011, 10:05 AM
SURFOR Chop
Elite HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

I'm 6'4" with 35" inseam and found 3" extensions of my forwards to be just a little bit too far ...

I could ride that way ... but, often felt I was too stretched out ... on the highway, it felt like I had to maintain pressure on my feet to prevent them from blowing/slipping off the foot pegs ....

Many tall guys use the 3" extensions with forwards and heartily endorse them ... so, I suppose I am espousing a minority opinion ....

I guess to each his own ... and, that two (ostensibly) identical frames can differ with regards to what is considered comfortable ....

R/
'Chop

Quick Reply: Tall(ish) Man in search of the perfect Harley